Beginner's Hatch-A-Long

It could be too early still to see much. What color are the eggs? I have found it super tough to see anything in brown eggs. Always give it until day 10 or 14.
smile.png
They are brown, so not all hope is lost. I found a video on you tube last night of chocolate eggs candled at day 6, mine looked exactly like that. So just keeping my fingers crossed, and we'll see what they look at on Thursday.

They are brown, so not all hope is lost. I found a video on you tube last night of chocolate eggs candled at day 6, mine looked exactly like that. So just keeping my fingers crossed, and we'll see what they look at on Thursday.

Good luck!! I just candled for detached air cells in my shipped turkey eggs yesterday looks like they all did ok in that respect. No idea if they have anything going yet really not easy to see into them with all the speckle and its too early.. the four little Ameracuana eggs 2 of them look like detached air cells there I'll leave till day 7 and check again but prob not good.. there are some really good pics a vids out there for looking at candled eggs I was happy to see! My first time in a hundred years candling eggs I don't have a clue.. will take some time to learn I guess.

OOO and I got 6 white La Bresse chicken eggs to hatch coming! I'm hoping to find some black La Bresse and also some Delaware eggs.

Last edited:

I hope it goes good!

We are day 5 and just candled our 24 eggs. My guess so far is 60%yes 20%no 20% not sure? I am doing it with my 8 & 5 year old girls. We will try again on day 10 to see what we think then. Soo exciting!

We are day 5 and just candled our 24 eggs. My guess so far is 60%yes 20%no 20% not sure? I am doing it with my 8 & 5 year old girls. We will try again on day 10 to see what we think then. Soo exciting!

I hope it goes good!!!

hi everyone,
I just received my first incubator (ever) today!! I haven't put in any eggs yet, I might tomorrow, but i'm just wondering if I should have a thermometer in my incubator while it's on, just to make sure it's going good, or should I just not bother,
thanks for any help,
also if anyone has any tips please feel free to tell me!!

hi everyone,
I just received my first incubator (ever) today!! I haven't put in any eggs yet, I might tomorrow, but i'm just wondering if I should have a thermometer in my incubator while it's on, just to make sure it's going good, or should I just not bother,
thanks for any help,
also if anyone has any tips please feel free to tell me!!
Yes! You will want a thermometer in there to regulate temperatures. What kind of incubator did you get? Also, you will want to have the incubator up and running for 24 hours to make sure that there is nothing wrong with it and to regulate the temperature/make minor adjustments. :)

Yes! You will want a thermometer in there to regulate temperatures. What kind of incubator did you get? Also, you will want to have the incubator up and running for 24 hours to make sure that there is nothing wrong with it and to regulate the temperature/make minor adjustments. :)

I got a janoel 12, but I've just been reading on BYC and people have said that its not the best incubator... :/

Back
Top Bottom