Beginner's Hatch-A-Long

This is my first time at incubating, brought three lovely lavender pekins last month, did some research and brought a Brinsea mini advance set the eggs on the 30th not knowing if Hank was up to the job yet as he is still quite young, were now 9 days in and I can see the little hearts and lots of movement :) I never realized how fascinating and addictive the whole incubation process is, I have thoroughly enjoyed researching and reading all your helpful threads.

This is my first time at incubating, brought three lovely lavender pekins last month, did some research and brought a Brinsea mini advance set the eggs on the 30th not knowing if Hank was up to the job yet as he is still quite young, were now 9 days in and I can see the little hearts and lots of movement :) I never realized how fascinating and addictive the whole incubation process is, I have thoroughly enjoyed researching and reading all your helpful threads.
I am reading your post while my chicks are peeping away. We just came in from some "grass time" outside. They are starting to escape from the brooder box so we need a new solution. Two more weeks and they will be lodging outside!!

This is my third try.. I am saying the same thing!!
6 hatched from my last one out of 17 eggs that made it to lock down...

Anyone that uses the Styrofoam incubators is there something that you put at the bottom for hatch day to help make it last longer? I know my last batch was pretty messy.
I had a failure for my first try...I think I'll be saying it for every hatch I ever do! :)

I think I'm going to just leave it to the broody from now on!

It is extremely fascinating!!!

I had a failure for my first try...I think I'll be saying it for every hatch I ever do! :)

I think I'm going to just leave it to the broody from now on!
I wish I had a broody hen about now. I have the incubator completely full and I have 10 eggs outside I wanted to hatch but no one is feeling like being a momma yet.

vtguania ...give them a day or 2 more,heard any cheeping,or seen aby rocking yet?seen any tiny pip holes yet?when u do u will be glued watching eggs for hatching...

Back
Top Bottom