Behavior of Mille Fleur D'Uccle Bantams?

As with any breed there will be exceptions.
smile.png
My roo was a momma's boy to begin with... hopped right up and rode around on my shoulder while I was doing chores. Then the hormones started pumping, and he's given me a couple of pecks when I least expected it, but I wouldn't say he's mean. There's a lot that the dispositions depend on. Now, the hens are the sweetest things. They'd make great house pets if hubby would let me keep adult chickens in the house.
wink.png

Good mothers, too.

I have a pair. They are so sweet! I think they are the sweetest of all of my birds. My boy, Floyd loves to be held. He also likes to fly up and sit on the horse's backs. Milli, the hen is sweet too but she doesn't like to be held as much. Floyd could care less if you carried him around all day. He is my only rooster I would trust with a child but even then i would be out there to supervise.

Quote:
My roo was also aggressive, but mostly to my 4 y/o son. The hen is the sweetest thing though, and follows my son around begging for nightcrawlers
roll.png
I guess the roo didn't like the competition.

I have a Mille rooster and a Mille hen. I love my rooster, Lennie! He's been fairly docile and s the only rooster I have right now that I don't have to watch out for. My hen, Adorra, is very flighty and would rather not be touched if she has her way. She pecks me every once in awhile if she gets a chance as well. They both are so small, neither of them are scary though! Here's a pic of the pair.
smile.png

DSC02872.jpg

I love mine, but wouldn't call them docile. The hens are rather shy and my roo is a brat. He's a great rooster and takes good care of his girls, but he attacks me about once a week. I hold him and do all the Rooster-Red methods and that's good for about a week. The minute he thinks I'm messing with his women he comes at me again. On the plus side he's about 10" tall, so the damage is minimal. When he's not attacking he is very full of personality.
They are beautiful birds and the hens are very sweet, but mine have never been cuddlers.

My d'Uccle hen, Kaboodle will not leave me alone until I pick her up- she loves to be held and talked to. She will fly onto my shoulder if the other hens bother her. Her personality prompted me to start breeding mille fleurs. So far the chicks have proven very easy to tame: They love gooey bits of banana and now come running like auntie Kaboodle.

Back
Top Bottom