Below Zero Blues

mmmmmmmmmmmm well maybe I shouldnt say anything, but living in Nebraska all of my life I have come to expect very cold, miserable winters. HOWEVER this year was has been totally different.

It was so nice out side today, I dont know the temp. but I was working without a coat and almost got stung by a honey bee. (Frank said the computer said 55 degrees).

Go ahead throw snowballs at me!!
hide.gif

I'm sure that it will catch up with us sometimes, then I'll be freezing my noony off.

It was 50* here over the weekend, right now 10* but feels like -5*. Supposed to be 40* again this weekend.

Our weather is typically MUCH colder. Many nights in the - temps.

Eek, I remember the below zero days of winter.
hide.gif
Wearing three pairs of trousers wasn't enough to keep out the cold.
lau.gif
I suppose we were just sissies, because 10cm of snow counted as a lot.
tongue.png

As for now, I'm just glad it's cooled down! The past few days of stinkin' hot weather have been literally unbearable.
ya.gif

I think I would stock up and stay home till spring. I only have one flower picture uploaded to help take away the cold blues.....
38921_003.jpg

I hate hot and humid. I'm a skier and always loved cold weather and snow, the colder the better. - That was before I started raising chickens again.

It's been a mild winter here. It was 12 last night but getting up to 60 by friday. This time last year we had a foot of snow on the ground and it stayed below freezing for over a month.

It was mild here until 2 days ago, first legit freeze... usually that happens in December.

The good news is... the mud is frozen and the dogs come inside clean! I have a stack of old towels for wiping paws and bellies, and I haven't needed one for 2 days!

In exchange I need a scarf, hat, gloves, 2 pairs of socks, pants, 3 shirts, and two hoodies. My coat immobilizes me too much for outside chores. Ducks are not amused... I forgot to check the weather and remove their pool. Suppose to get to 39 today... should thaw out the hos I forgot to drain.

Had winter all planned out, and then forget when it was so mild! Was out there with a crazy cold wind chill stapling plastic over windows and installing heated water bowls. Let me get a nice before and after draft check on the coop... plastic and no heat is fine for them!

Back
Top Bottom