Beneficial herbs?

Redmogur

Chirping
Feb 24, 2023
I’m researching beneficial herbs and spices for my flock of six, and would like any input on which ones are the best to use and in what form fresh or dry?

X2 while herbs have benefits, their diet would have to be exclusively herbs and spices for any health benefits, which would kill them from malnutrition.
Some herbs and spices can be caustic or toxic (such as Alliums) in anything but minor amounts, it's not really worth feeding them any.

I'd be curious to know what herbs would actually be harmful. I know my chickens love to eat fresh mint and fresh basil. I have one garden bed that I've purposefully let get overrun with mint so I can give it the chickens.

My chooks have access to a wide variety of herbs and medicinals at various times. Most of the traditional Mediterranean/culinary herbs they dont touch. They eat surprisingly few. The herbs/medicinals they will readily eat are: flat leaf parsley, mint, aloe Vera, sorrel, comfrey, dandelion, calendula flowers, nasturtium, burdock, nettles. They like a nibble of young tumeric, ginger and galangal leaves also.

Back
Top Bottom