Best Breed of Chickens to Raise

harleys and coconuts

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Hello all. I have not been on the site in so long that I had to get a new account. I have been out of the loop for a while with raising chickens and was wondering if anyone could tell me the best chickens to raise right now for sales. We are wanting to get back to the chicken business but like I said , been out for a bit and didnt know what to start with. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Any and all if you dont mind.. We used to do the common breeds like Rhode Island Reds, and Black and Red Sex Links, so I guess we are just wondering what is new in the business. The eggs, the chicks, and the big ones , even rare breeds that sale good. Just looking to get back into it for the kids mainly, they miss it .

I'm pretty new to this too - 2 years with chickens
big_smile.png

But my Delawares are big, friendly egglaying machines.
I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a good dual-purpose hen.

Of course, my "girls" won't ever see the inside of a stewpot....
Even after they stop laying, they are pets
roll.png

Easter Eggers are a good bet if you are looking at sales of eggs, and for pets. They come in many colors, and the colored eggs sell for at least a dollar more a dozen (in my experience). People love the novelty of them.

The only thing they couldn't sell well for is for showing, and for meat.

I am also a big supporter of Golden Comets, but you already mentioned that you had experience with them, so I won't ramble on about info you already know.

Back
Top Bottom