Best bunny breeds

Thank you for the tag @FeatherFeetFarm!

I LOVE my Havanas! Very rare and super silky soft, they're known as the mink of rabbits. They're gorgeous and very easy to handle. Not too big and not too small. My boy Bento comes to the door of his cage for kisses on his forehead and he LOVES to be stroked and held. They only average about 5.5lbs and they come in blue, black, chocolate, lilac and they even come in broken patterns.

I also raise Rex, Californians, and Netherlands dwarf. Those are all amazing pet breeds but the Havana's are my favorite for lap rabbits. Lops are fun but I hear a lot about them being nippy or snobbish. The velveteen rabbit is a new breed that's coming out and they're to die for, just absolutely adorable and their breed comes from lots of very sweet and docile breeds.

Hello! I've had a few bunnies and might be able to add some hopefully helpful insight.

I have a Lion head; he's been with me for nearly ten years now. I love him but he's a big grouch, nippy at times, not very snuggly. I can't say that's the typical attitude of lion heads, but I have heard similar stories about other lion heads, so it's one thing to consider. Lion (very creative name, I know--but to be fair I was ten when I named him lol!) can actually be pretty sweet, especially as I've known him for so long, but he definitely doesn't always like to be held/snuggled.

I had a mini rex, too, who was the sweetest thing. He loved to chill with you and snuggle. I think they're usually a pretty sweet breed, but I honestly don't know much about them. I know Peanut, my mini rex, was just so sweet and friendly.

I also had a harlequin, who I just recently lost. I loved her so much, she was such a shy, sweet thing. Very snuggly and loving. I did some research on the breed actually because I was curious and apparently their traits are known to be sweet, friendly, and can be a good family pet. I know my Pumpkin liked to be held, was sweet and funny, and honestly fit the descriptions I saw online of typical harlequin behavior.

But what I like to say about rabbits, is that each rabbit is an individual and unique, so it may not fit the breed standards or match up like you may expect 100% of the time. Some rabbits might be different and all have their own personalities. Definitely look for a good breed that will suite you, but also make sure the exact bunny you get fits you too! :)

Good luck with your search and hope I was a help!

Does she like to be held? From all the pictures I've seen of her she looks so sweet!!
She likes attention but I wouldn't say she likes to be held. If I'm sitting on the couch she likes to sit near me or be on my lap but she doesn't like me to actually hold her.
She does enjoy being petted, though.

Thank you for the tag @FeatherFeetFarm!

I LOVE my Havanas! Very rare and super silky soft, they're known as the mink of rabbits. They're gorgeous and very easy to handle. Not too big and not too small. My boy Bento comes to the door of his cage for kisses on his forehead and he LOVES to be stroked and held. They only average about 5.5lbs and they come in blue, black, chocolate, lilac and they even come in broken patterns.

I also raise Rex, Californians, and Netherlands dwarf. Those are all amazing pet breeds but the Havana's are my favorite for lap rabbits. Lops are fun but I hear a lot about them being nippy or snobbish. The velveteen rabbit is a new breed that's coming out and they're to die for, just absolutely adorable and their breed comes from lots of very sweet and docile breeds.
Havana are beautiful! Thank you!!

I have a fuzzy Holland lop, and I must say the fur is a lot of maintenance. If you are looking for soft but don’t want to deal with brushing daily, I’d steer clear of the fuzzy lop and aim more for the soft plush Rex.
Bunnies as a species don’t always love being snuggled. They are all individuals: for example, my fuzzy Holland lop is tolerant of handling more than my harlequin mix. Enjoying them where they are at (usually hanging out on the floor with them) can be a great way to interact.
Just some things I’ve learned. Good luck!
1D835988-6A1E-46D4-A26D-28754B52BB82.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom