Best candler for dark eggs

Quote:
That is a fact about the lumens. I have a 220 specialty beam that works for everything but the marans. I can see shadows but not much else in them, and I can't see veins with the projector but the shadow has some definition. These are really dark eggs..

Glad to read this, I have Welsummer eggs that have been in for 6 days, tried to candle them today and couldn't see much...maybe a bit...think I'll try again in a few more days...the suspense is killing me!!!
roll.png
hmm.png

I'll just throw this out there... We dont have any really dark eggs but my son took the top off of his lava lamp and it worked great! I dont know how it would do with dark eggs but it does pretty good with plain brown eggs. If anyone tries it I would like to know how it measures up.
idunno.gif

I have the toughest time with my blue egg and one of the olive eggs. I am using a projector and still can't see thru them! I think it has to do with that darn blue egg gene giving the shell a solid color. Tomorrow is lockdown. Think I should just smell each one instead?

Get a spotlight and duct tape a BLACK funnel to it to condense the light into the small end of the funnel and use it in a DARK room. No...I haven't tried it, but that's the only thing I can think of that MIGHT work for Marans eggs
big_smile.png

Hi,
I noticed this thread was started in January of last year. Since it's been over a year now, I was wondering if any of you have come up with something better for candling the darker eggs?
caf.gif
pop.gif

Yes. I saw you posted this before, but it's a little too steep for my budget right now. Although it is something I am considering for the future if this new addiction keeps me going. My first batch hasn't even hatched yet (two incubators full) and I'm already considering doing this again. One good thing is that I just found out some of the moms in my homeschool group are looking to replace some layers, so I already have some of them sold......if I can detach from them once they are born.
hit.gif
That will be the hard part, but dh will help me pick which ones will leave our home and which ones I will keep. I know I can't keep them all, but oh how I would love to.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom