Best Coon Killer Ever (if killing is only option) !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
After trying traps to kill what I thought was only one coon, and seeing how hard it was for my friend to catch her problem in these traps, I heavy heartily decided on a different option. I was plain out tired of losing chickens etc and it was not going to stop! I used the Pepsi & fly bait(granular kind) method along with trying to kill our flys. We waited until late at night and earlier in the day notified our neighbors to put up their animals. Inside my neighbors old coop where they have been hanging out we left the mixture, along with sweet feed so I would not attract any cats etc. This morning my neighbor left a message that there are dead coons & flys out there by the coop. It kills fast so there is less suffering IMO, from what I've been told they don't get far. You do not have to deal with a vicious scared animal and it is not left in a cage all night scared out of its mind. If killing has to be an option this seems the best way IMO. You just have to be careful where you put it, do not allow access to other animals(including wild birds,wildlife etc.) and be careful. If there are a lot of animals to worry about I would put it in a big dog crate etc that can't be tipped over and leave bread or such soaking in the mix, that way the coon will have to reach in with it's hand. Hope this info helps someone else before they lose anymore of their chicken kids.

Last edited:
Can you tell more about this mixture? What I need to get?

I wonder if this works on rats too, we are infested with rats and it seems there is no end to them. They come from the sewer not far from my house and the city will not do anything about it.

They are so bold I had one run right over my foot as I stepped out my back door!!

Yes, Im curious about the Pepsi and Fly bait granular method too. I had 5 bull dog sized raccoons on my deck the other night. Im not sure if they were after my chickens, but Id like not to have to learn the answer is yes the hard way. Id rather nip the potential problem in the bud.

I would just like to know for my information bank. I haven't had a problem yet. And we do have dogs and cats which might deter some of our potential predators...but I would still like to have this in my information bank nontheless.

I used the granular fly bait from TSC. I used about a RX(medium size) bottle full of the granuals to 1/2 can of pepsi. I mixed it up and sprinkled sweet feed around it as not to attract cats. We found them dead this morning about 5 feet from were we put the bait. just make sure it is not able to be touched by kids or animals you want to keep.
I'm sure rats would drop over too....IMO.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am going to try this for the mice I just can't kill and the darn chipmunks.

One ? did you use the mini marshmellows as well. Thanks.

Great idea, think it will work on opossums and skunks? I have a resident skunk and I'm sure it's whole family, and they are wiping out my chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom