Best dewormer for general use?

20mg/kg repeat in 10days. Thats about 1ml per 10 lb bird

1 treatment should be fine as a preventative but I go ahead and treat the second time as if they did had worms just as an extra safe guard, doesnt do anything to them negatively.
This is correct, though I am quite anal when it comes to dosing. :oops: Actual per pound is 0.08 ml.
Valbazen - 1 / 2.2 x 113.6 = 0.08 ml per pound

My adult flock's total weight is 91-92 pounds. I'll say 91.5lbs

Valbazin is 7.32 mL per dosage for the whole flock. If I treat for a week at a time (7 days) that is 51.24 mL per treatment. That gives me 9.76 uses in one bottle.

Safeguard for goats gives me 21.045 mL per dosage. Used for 5 days gives me 105.225 mL per treatment. That gives me 1.2 uses per bottle

I get 9.5 uses out of the Safeguard for Cattle

I get .23 uses out of 25g Safeguard for horses.

I get 2.75 uses out of 290g Safeguard for horses.

The best deals are Valbazan and Safeguard for Cattle. That means I'm either spending $35 or $130. The difference of uses for each product is very small so I would prefer to spend $35 for the Valbazan over $130 for the Safeguard for Cattle.

The Valbazen would be better for smaller numbers of poultry to treat, and Safeguard for Cattle is better when treating larger numbers of poultry.

Dose each bird straight to the beak.
Screenshot_20181028-142246.png

3A0FC677-1E04-4F7C-976E-1E091487B52F.jpeg
I hear ya Cyprus. I’ve decided to worm mine too. Locally all I can get (have) is Wazine. Did a lot of reading and had some help here too.
Wazine is good for round worms - all warmers need a follow up treatment to get rid of the hatchlings from eggs.
I went looking for a good broad spectrum dewormer for my second treatment that would cover more types of worms.
I asked at the IFA store for Ivermectin. He told me that they lost their patten and now go under a different label.
I’m thinking hum...he took me to the back stock room and gave me this.
Where I live every thing is labeled for swine or cattle.
Cost me 30.00$
He made a joke saying I should set up a Lemmonade stand giving wormer to chickens at a buck a dose I’d have my money back doubled.
Ya know I think I’ll take his idea. Not for profit but out here we help each other and heck I don’t know the shelf life on this stuff but I have way more than I need.

Back
Top Bottom