Best dewormer for general use?

I try to stay organic, so I put ACL (Apple Cider Vinegar) in their 6 gallon auto watering bucket. I use 1tbs per gallon, and so far, so good.They seem to really like the taste of the water with the ACL in it. I use the organic unfiltered with the mother. They use about 3-4 gallons a week, so I have to guesstimate the amount of ACL each time I refill the bucket. I'm also looking into using Organo in their water in the near future.
Thanks

From what I understand, to use oregano, thyme, ACV, is a dewormer. I've used these in clearing up signs in my birds of having worms (squirts, poop on the eggs) successfully.

Kind of makes you wonder what chickens used to deworm themselves in nature before they became domesticated thousands of years ago in China and India

No offense, but that's proof that it treats worms.
Think you skipped a word there ;)

Kind of makes you wonder what chickens used to deworm themselves in nature before they became domesticated thousands of years ago in China and India
They probably just became unthrifty and eventually died. We aren't keeping birds in the wild, we're putting groups of them together in varying sizes of enclosures and possibly free range areas. They're going to pick up more worms. Sure, you can let them just carry a worm load and maybe even let natural selection get you to where your flock is only comprised of individuals that show strong resistance. Some do exactly that. Some of us like to keep our birds as healthy as possible and not waste money that we've invested in feed by "feeding" internal parasites.

Back
Top Bottom