Best dewormer for general use?

Thread focus reminder:
The topic of this thread is the best dewormer for general use.
It was not meant to purely discuss the necessity or lack thereof of worming preventatively.

Keep this question in mind:
What medication or holistic medicine do you use when you deworm either as a routine treatment or for multiple parasites?

Keep this question in mind:
What medication or holistic medicine do you use when you deworm either as a routine treatment or for multiple parasites?
In my cabinet I have Valbazen, Safeguard for cattle, pyrantel pamoate, ivermectin, and a pyrantel pamoate/praziquantel mixture.

The ones I use most for ducks, chickens, peafowl, etc are Valbazen, Safeguard, and invermectin for lice on the peafowl.

I once gave my birds Rooster Booster Triple wormer with hygromcin B in it. They wouldnt go near it, probably because it was pellets.
My older hens are so used to getting wormed with Valbazen or Safeguard that they stand at attention when the see me coming with the bottle:
thPEJ7OZ8Tattt.jpg

I try to stay organic, so I put ACL (Apple Cider Vinegar) in their 6 gallon auto watering bucket. I use 1tbs per gallon, and so far, so good.They seem to really like the taste of the water with the ACL in it. I use the organic unfiltered with the mother. They use about 3-4 gallons a week, so I have to guesstimate the amount of ACL each time I refill the bucket. I'm also looking into using Organo in their water in the near future.

I try to stay organic, so I put ACL (Apple Cider Vinegar) in their 6 gallon auto watering bucket. I use 1tbs per gallon, and so far, so good.They seem to really like the taste of the water with the ACL in it. I use the organic unfiltered with the mother. They use about 3-4 gallons a week, so I have to guesstimate the amount of ACL each time I refill the bucket. I'm also looking into using Organo in their water in the near future.
I use Oregano and so far it has been pretty effective.
I do not do fecal floats but Oregano cleared up runny stools.

Back
Top Bottom