Which lf the following is your favorite goose?:

• Total voters
Is the problem mostly that the goose doesn't attack the mink and the mink just kills it without a fight, or that the goose couldn't kill the mink if it tried?

Most geese would defend themselves as best they can if a predator attacks. But they are just no match for an animal/predator that is designed to kill.

A different subject: Pond

I am going to have geese soon, so I am building them a small pond. I live on a hill so there is lots of rock, usually you can't dig down more that a few inches before you hit bedrock. I found a place where there is a natural grove in the rock, about 3 feet deep and 5'x6'! The problem is:
1. No spring or other water source.

2. one side is open.

One is easy to solve: Build a dam, the other is not. I guess it will have to be a still pool which I will have to clean periodically.

The earth dam which I have in place is only temporary.

A different subject: Pond

I am going to have geese soon, so I am building them a small pond. I live on a hill so there is lots of rock, usually you can't dig down more that a few inches before you hit bedrock. I found a place where there is a natural grove in the rock, about 3 feet deep and 5'x6'! The problem is:
1. No spring or other water source.

2. one side is open.

One is easy to solve: Build a dam, the other is not. I guess it will have to be a still pool which I will have to clean periodically.

The earth dam which I have in place is only temporary.
install a piece of pvc pipe with a removable cap in the dam so you can remove the cap to drain and refill with a hose or you could do like me and get a kidde pool and dump out and refill as needed.

Back
Top Bottom