Which lf the following is your favorite goose?:

• Total voters
Pics
Good Pomeranians are hard to find as they are fairly uncommon, especially Gray Pomeranians. Buff Poms are easier to find.

There are many different opinions on feeding geese. I've always fed mine the same as my chickens. Layer ration mixed with a little scratch grain and sunflower seed. Geese LOVE corn and will pick it out first if there is any in their feed. But to much corn can make them overweight. There are several commercial waterfowl feeds out there designed for geese as well. Though they can be hard to find in certain areas and sometime can be fairly expensive.

A pond isn't really necessary a pool works just as well or better in my opinion. Especially if you find one with a drain you can remove and clean easily.

Good Pomeranians are hard to find as they are fairly uncommon, especially Gray Pomeranians. Buff Poms are easier to find.

There are many different opinions on feeding geese. I've always fed mine the same as my chickens. Layer ration mixed with a little scratch grain and sunflower seed. Geese LOVE corn and will pick it out first if there is any in their feed. But to much corn can make them overweight. There are several commercial waterfowl feeds out there designed for geese as well. Though they can be hard to find in certain areas and sometime can be fairly expensive.

A pond isn't really necessary a pool works just as well or better in my opinion. Especially if you find one with a drain you can remove and clean easily.
Do poms lay eggs well?

if you let your geese free range your yard they will weed everything for you and they will barely eat any feed. they are grass munching machines of the poultry world! in winter i talk to the produce manager at the local grocery. he keeps me all the damaged and old leafy veggies that he has and i feed them and the chickens that. they are very happy to have it.

Very good idea..... Do they need lots of grass?
they prefer to have it as its their natural food. i let mine free range my lawn and field during the day. i give them treats like mealworms and reg. feed just before dark to get them in the coop. the chickens naturally come in to roost anyway so the geese follow.

yes they all live together. i have white and brown chinese geese. 4 mallard ducks and various breed chickens. the geese and chickens are all female. ducks are strait run. they peck and hiss at each other at times but get along for the most part.

i have them in a 50yard long by 10yrd wide run with heavy gauge fencing w/ posts every 20ft. the ground is hard and gravelly here so digging under would be hard. i have plastic tent pegs hammered in in between the posts to hold the fence tight to the ground. fence is 5ft high and covered with 1in. black plastic netting, ziptied on, to keep hawks and owls out. works so far. i let them out to forage when im home durring the day. otherwise they're in their coop/ run.

Back
Top Bottom