Which lf the following is your favorite goose?:

• Total voters
chinese are funny. yes they're loud and can be headstrong but if you handle them often when young they follow you around the yard. last year my neighbors rotti got lose and came in my yard. my male chinese chased that 130lb. dog off the property! thought the goose a goner but he flew onto the back of that dog and was bitting his ears! comes back to me honking and shaking his head like he was proud.

Could geese protect chickens from predators, or would they attack them?
my geese don't usually bother the chickens and ducks. once in awhile the male will give them a nip if they're near his girl. they will try and spook predators off but if hungry enough the goose is toast! make a hell of a ruckus if someone or thing comes on the property too. if you socialize them well the male won't bite you but if you don't he might see you as a threat.

still, would a predator be afraid of a goose, or would it just ignore the honking and go for the chicken... (when not extremely hungry)

depends on the situation and the goose/ predator. theres no guarantee but if you see my post above about the neighbors dog, it worked that time.

Any predator raccoon sized or larger would not be afraid of a honking goose. Even the possums here ignore my geese and eat their feed with them honking up a storm right behind them.

Back
Top Bottom