Best hatchery to get some mille fleur d'Uccles

silkies4ever

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 30, 2007
California
I'm considering ordering some Mille Fleur and/or self blue d'Uccles to maybe show.

Does anybody know a good hatchery where I can order some show quality hens?

Ya me LOL
big_smile.png

I will have some for sale this spring.

Oh wow! That's cool!

I am just starting to get into the ornamental breeds lol. I got a chicken breed book and there's just so many beautiful breeds out there. I would love to have all of them, but for some reason the d'Uccles really stood out.

I think I may very well end up ordering from you lol.

The self blue old english are really pretty! They remind me of my stawberry phenotype pigeons.

I do have a question though, how do you prevent shipped fertile eggs from getting too cold? I would probably order chicks (I can't rely on Tuffy to be broody at the right time and dedicate herself to the eggs), but I am curious
smile.png

Last edited:
Great. Ya I have Self BLue Old English too.
Did you look at my website? Well you cant guarantee the ferility for many reasons but I dont think the will get to cold to become unfertile. I should have lots of chicks for sale this Feburary. Maybe even January.

We were having a discussion about at what temp an egg freezes (try a search, its there.) Several agreed that it is better to ship eggs when it is cold rather than hot. I would think the cold would preserve the egg, where the hot could rot it or destroy the living part of it. Just sharing.
big_smile.png
Good luck with your new eggs in the spring!

Back
Top Bottom