Best Hen Contest

Pics
This is Frankie! She is the best chicken I have. She is not the most beautiful, but she is definitely THE BEST. She lays an egg every day since she was 18 weeks old. She has missed a day here and there but pretty much on the money every day right around 9 AM. She never goes broody, which is refreshing with all the silkies I have!🤣
She is a mutt, I believe half Leghorn and half red sex link. She was a year old in June. I hatched her from a grocery store egg. She is the smartest chicken I have. She is very curious, she likes to explore and will wander further than any of the others when she “free ranges“. She will come when I call her, especially if I have mealworms. She likes to get up on my lap for some pats, but always on her own terms. She is nice to all the other chickens. Even if I bring in new birds she is always accepting of them without any fuss. I wish I had a whole flock of Frankies!🥰
70E50608-3D1B-473E-8AAA-19A79A736005.jpeg

EFC13333-4A4B-4DB4-9D89-1C82CE02C8C5.jpeg

This is Frankie! She is the best chicken I have. She is not the most beautiful, but she is definitely THE BEST. She lays an egg every day since she was 18 weeks old. She has missed a day here and there but pretty much on the money every day right around 9 AM. She never goes broody, which is refreshing with all the silkies I have!🤣
She is a mutt, I believe half Leghorn and half red sex link. She was a year old in June. I hatched her from a grocery store egg. She is the smartest chicken I have. She is very curious, she likes to explore and will wander further than any of the others when she “free ranges“. She will come when I call her, especially if I have mealworms. She likes to get up on my lap for some pats, but always on her own terms. She is nice to all the other chickens. Even if I bring in new birds she is always accepting of them without any fuss. I wish I had a whole flock of Frankies!🥰View attachment 2804500
View attachment 2804503
I think she’s pretty. She’s like ivory

She is a mutt, I believe half Leghorn and half red sex link. She was a year old in June. I hatched her from a grocery store egg. She is the smartest chicken I have. She is very curious, she likes to explore and will wander further than any of the others when she “free ranges“. She will come when I call her, especially if I have mealworms. She likes to get up on my lap for some pats, but always on her own terms. She is nice to all the other chickens. Even if I bring in new birds she is always accepting of them without any fuss. I wish I had a whole flock of Frankies!🥰View attachment 2804500
View attachment 2804503
Wow! Her comb is gorgeous!😱 She sounds very sweet!😁

Hey guys! If you have heard of my previous and on going Cutest Chick Contests, then you should enter my Best Hen Contest! Like my other contests, there is a first place, second, and third place winner! It is just for fun so there are no prizes. Here are the rules:

RULES:

Only hens are allowed (over 4 months)
You can have unlimited entries
You have to state the name and breed of the hen
Entries are cut August 30 11:59 p.m.

HAVE FUN! May the best hen win!
This is eaglett. She is an easter egger that's just old enough to lay eggs. She was hatched early spring and was raised by us until it was warm enough and old enough for her to be integrated with the flock. It went well for a while, but after her third night outside with the flock, she was bullied over the night by our amberlinks we used to have along with her sister and one brother. She was in bad shape so we nursed her back to health. Only evidence of the injury she had on her back is her tail which is fused in a downward position. Hence the reason why her tail is down in the pic.
IMG_20210512_120654.jpg

View attachment 2804503
Just curious, how did you do that? Most grocery store eggs aren’t fertile, I’m sure.

Back
Top Bottom