Best indoor chicken breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
But why an indoor chicken? I understand wanting an indoor pet. I understand wanting chickens. But not an indoor chicken. Even if a chicken didn't need to be around other chickens, how on earth do you even begin to handle the poop? And the dust and dander and feathers? I look around my chicken coop and run and cannot even begin to figure out how this would work inside my home. They are little mobile poop dispensers with no manners.
Because I will live in a townhouse.
I used to have a house polish. She had a special section of my room, blocked off, with towels on the floor. Every couple of days I would wash the towels and sweep up the feathers. She spent a lot of time with me, and I even made her some diapers to wear around the house. I tried taking her outside but she never liked it. She lived with her brother and when he left (due to crowing) she stayed in a larger area with some chicks.

an indoor chicken wouldnt be good for your house OR the chicken. I suggest getting a rabbit. They're easy to house train, they're really quiet, but they chew on everything which i feel would be way easier to handle than the things a chicken would do. Or if you're set on a bird, get a budgie or cockatoo or something like that. Chickens just arnt meant to live indoors.

an indoor chicken wouldnt be good for your house OR the chicken. I suggest getting a rabbit. They're easy to house train, they're really quiet, but they chew on everything which i feel would be way easier to handle than the things a chicken would do. Or if you're set on a bird, get a budgie or cockatoo or something like that. Chickens just arnt meant to live indoors.
I wouldn't say cockatoos are appropriate for most homes, so a budgie, maybe a chockatiel or a finch or canarie would be a better fit

Agree with everything except the cockatoo, they are probably worse then a chicken. Mine is currently screaming for more attention when I literally just left the room. They chew so much and make the biggest mess. They are a very long term commitment and A LOT of work.

Agree with everything except the cockatoo, they are probably worse then a chicken. Mine is currently screaming for more attention when I literally just left the room. They chew so much and make the biggest mess. They are a very long term commitment and A LOT of work.
you would know. I wouldnt. i have something worse though. a brother that just figured out how to roll his tongue and now he wont stop. at the same time as "playing" his cello as loud and fast as he can. Definitely dont get one of those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom