Best laying/hatching setup?

jarcoo0153

Songster
9 Years
Mar 13, 2010
Levelland, Texas
So I bought ducks and geese last spring and I assume they will start laying soon this spring. I haven't had them before just chickens and guineas but what do ducks prefer for nests? Is a laying box on the ground efficient? Inside their coop even though they only stay in there long enough to eat?

So I bought ducks and geese last spring and I assume they will start laying soon this spring. I haven't had them before just chickens and guineas but what do ducks prefer for nests? Is a laying box on the ground efficient? Inside their coop even though they only stay in there long enough to eat?
I'd make them a nice box inside their coop you want to encourage them to lay and nest inside where they will be safe from predators. @jarcoo0153

Do they not sleep in their coop? If they don't, they likely won't go in there to lay.

I have a bin my duck house and when they are laying, they usually lay in the bin. Or the bigger one who doesn't quite get the hang of getting her back end INTO the bin, lays them just outside it
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom