Best Photo Yet of Ever-Bolder Fox

Quote:
Yeah...ironically, he looks thinner now than he did this winter (we have gamecam pics of him from then, but on the OUTSIDE of our fence). I guess he didn't ration out those TWENTY-THREE birds he killed very well.

Quote:
Me, too! I don't guess I can send him over to your house?
tongue.png

Nooooooooo! My neighbor says she has been seeing one and one night DH left one of the coops open and 4 large americanas were gone.

BTW, how old are your turkeys?

jackie

That is one great photo!!!

I think that what Miss Prissy says is true, if you consider game animals and fur bearers to be "protected." In most places you can get a copy of various hunting regulations (ask at a sporting goods store) that will define which animals can be hunted/trapped without a license.

Around here, I'm pretty sure red foxes aren't classified as game/furbearers. Nor are coyotes. They can be shot on sight, but they don't often give the opportunity. They are among the few animals that are smart enough to get by just fine, in our era of modern firearms and techniques, without any government protection. You have to admire them yet.

Your coop is obviously pretty secure...Maybe if you played it right, you could double your profits by selling eggs and chicken, as well as the furs from all the foxes you catch trying to eat same. Just a thought...
big_smile.png

Tom

Quote:
Hee. Red fox is definitely a "furbearer" with its own season and protections here. And we really believe that this guy is a loner. Knock wood.

Quote:
He's just lean and mean. He's shed his winter coat, thats probably why he appears to be scrawny. He's actually pretty lean and buff. Look at all those muscles showing. If you could keep him out of your birds, wait til late fall/winter when his coat returns, then "find him in the chickens"
wink.png
. That coat could be worth a years feed. Or more.

So how long does it take for a rep to get there to give the go ahead? Sure is a pretty fellow. Sure is strong looking and is tht tall for a fox? The ones around here that I see are shorter than that, but maybe because I only see them crossing the road, not staring at a camera in the dark! hee hee

We're zoned agricultural so we can eliminate a predator unless it is endangered, like a fisher or raptor. Laws differ widely by municipality, province state and country...you need to know. I'm so glad you consulted a pro.

Back
Top Bottom