Best place to buy feeders/waterers online?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by K7 Menagerie, Jun 2, 2008.

1. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    Anyone know the best (least expensive) place to buy galvanized feeders & waterers online? I can't get out to the store right now due to a back injury that keeps me from driving. But my little chicks aren't quite so little anymore and I need to get a bigger feeder and waterer. Thanks!

2. RayP

RayP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Gainesville Florida
    You might try to make one, there are lots of ideas on this board, I would hate to see you pay good money for a waterer or feeder when a 5 gallon bucket works so well.

3. precipice

precipice Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I bought my feeder at Stromberg's, which I thought had the best selection:

http://www.strombergschickens.com/products/feeders_trough.php

I bought the "Covered Feeder" (Order #FE16CF). They have waterers, too, though I just bought a waterer locally. Looks like this might be a good place to check for waterers:

http://www.gundogsupply.com/autdogwat.html

Here's a picture of my setup:

[​IMG]

(Note that I had to drill through the back of that feeder to mount it -- it didn't come with any mounting hardware at all. But, it's a good size for the coop.)

Hope this helps.

4. RayP

RayP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Gainesville Florida
    If you are handy you can make a feeder like that with wood and a waterer from a toilet valve. A lot cheaper and more durable.

5. S0rcy

S0rcy Chillin' With My Peeps

I too bought the Strombergs feeders and I like them.

6. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    I buy lots of stuff from ebay. I try to cut costs everywhere and enjoy the challenge of being successful with cheap chickens. Ive gotten $20 incubators, $8 bell waterers and I just got a chick waterer for $0.99! Used equipment is as good as new and I especially like using the vintage stuff.
    You gotta comparison shop, though, as shipping can add up fast.

I also like to make fixtures like feeders. Check the Learning Center here at BYC for all sorts of goodies you can make for little or no money.

7. SueNH

SueNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by