Best Poop Removal Method

Quote:
A simalar problem asked by a neighbor was how do you control unsightly mole runs in your lawn. I told him to set his riding mower clipping height at the highest level--6 inches at least if not more. "Will that get rid of the moles" he asked. "No" I said "You just won't see them anymore."

Quote:
Cows and horses pasturing together will eat around each others poop but not their own. A pasture with only one of the above is littered with clumps of tall grass. A pasture with both has very few.

I want to know how you train the dogs and chickens? mine don't seem to eat each others poo but the drop a lot! I hose the walk ways and porch a couple times a week more if I know we are having company. Sunday the grand kids come up so have to do it before they come or it well be in the house too

Quote:
Sorry, no training - they just do it! Its actually never really bothered me but DH and the kids tell me its disgusting. I figure since the dogs and chooks don't think its disgusting, why should I worry about it....

Quote:
Sorry, no training - they just do it! Its actually never really bothered me but DH and the kids tell me its disgusting. I figure since the dogs and chooks don't think its disgusting, why should I worry about it....

That's what I think. If they don't mind it then why worry (unless it's a lot!). My sister still doesn't like her dog eating it but I don't tell on her when she does. When my sister lets her dog lick her after because she doesn't know that she just eating poo I have to leave the room before I fall down laughing
lol.png

Quote:

I want one of your dogs...what kind is it. My dogs will only eat the food, but they do like the rabbit poo.

I believe you... small dog size poo, how does a bird make so much poo?

that is why/how dogs were domesticated
when people read that dogs would follow early man's camps around cleaning up after them, they always imagine waste like leftover food
early man was not wasting any whole animal parts -no way, every bone, skin, organ meat was used
cleaning up after early man meant eating poop!
gross dogs, huh? But that is what bonded man and dogs together way back when in the beginning 'cleaning up' after our camps

I know I am off topic ever so slightly but I enjoy telling people this to make them make that
sickbyc.gif
face

my older dog is falling behind now that it is colder outside and I am trying to figure out how to keep the birds off the deck railing without making it dangerous for the kids

Quote:

I want one of your dogs...what kind is it?

Just a mutt that we adopted when he was 15 months old from a local rescue. They said he was smooth collie/shepherd cross but while walking him one day we were approached by a guy who said he's raised hounds all his life and he'd swear our dog is part hound. He is very interested in smells but hasn't shown any interest in chasing the chickens. If anything, he's a little afraid of them and gives them a wide berth LOL.

You get to a point were you just dont see it anymore ....

I have in the summer during hot and dry days used the shop vac to vacuum up chicken poops and then sell it to the neighbours for 2 bucks a bag...or compost it ...but thats usually when I am cleaning cob webs out of the coop ...

dogs always help

Back
Top Bottom