best priced hatchery

redneck4life27

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Northern ny
Im looking at ordering 5 pullets rir chicks 5 barred rock pullets chicks 5 delaware pullet chicks 5 black astolorpspullet chicks and 5 white plymoth rock pullet chicks. Ive looked at privett hatchery, meyer hatchery, murray mcmurray hatchery, cackle hatchery, and efowl, ideal hatchery and welp hatchery. Ive been pricing it out and meyer and privett are the cheapest but the website doesnt include shipping in the prices? Anybody know the shipping cost ny? Looking for any info i can get before i order from these hatcheries. The only place ive ever ordered from was efowl and had good luck with them but their really expensive.

Im looking at ordering 5 pullets rir chicks 5 barred rock pullets chicks 5 delaware pullet chicks 5 black astolorpspullet chicks and 5 white plymoth rock pullet chicks. Ive looked at privett hatchery, meyer hatchery, murray mcmurray hatchery, cackle hatchery, and efowl, ideal hatchery and welp hatchery. Ive been pricing it out and meyer and privett are the cheapest but the website doesnt include shipping in the prices? Anybody know the shipping cost ny? Looking for any info i can get before i order from these hatcheries. The only place ive ever ordered from was efowl and had good luck with them but their really expensive.

In the checkout process they show you the price, you can see it before actually placing your order you just have to get close.

I totally recommend Meyer Hatchery. I don't know if they are still doing it, but you can order the Meyer Meal Maker and donate the eggs or the meat from the bird. It it a free bird. I ordered one and will donate the eggs to several families we have in the neighborhood that are less fortunate. Great idea Meyer Hatchery!!! I ordered the Brown egg layer assortment and boy what an assortment!! I was very pleased and all arrived in NY safe and sound in January of this year.

From Privett hatchery Prices are now postage paid small order charges will still apply.http://www.privetthatchery.com/Home/ShippingInfo.aspx

I found cheap prices at Hoovershatchery.com. You choose shipping by looking up the zone. Price is half that of most of the big hatcheries. Not sure they have the breed you want though.

Also schlechthatchery.com is cheap birds with zoned shipping chart. They have the Red Stars which I love. Jumbo eggs, economical eaters, friendly, and super quiet so good for city backyard.

Strombergs hatchery charges shipping as part of the price of the chicks. Bantams I wanted are $4 incl shipping.

Check these out if you haven't already. The only reason I didn't purchase from the top two is because they do not have bantams and I didn't know about strombergs until a couple days ago when I was looking for alternative hatchery in case my shipment is dead for the 2nd time from hatchery I did choose over a month ago.

Carla

Last edited:
rEDNECK4lIFE: Go with Meyer...They were interested enough to work out the costs and reply....Also, they have good stock...The pictures in their catalog do not do justice to the actual stock raised by their customers...

I have had good luck from Welp in the past, have yet to lose a chick from a shipment even in our spring- winter storms, had chicks arrive a day late after our latest blizzard and all were alive, just a bit hungry. But after Meyer's response I'd go with them! What great customer service!

Back
Top Bottom