Jesus-Is-Lord

Hatching
Jan 5, 2024
New to the hobby, was wondering what type of Feed or additional fruits and vegetables people have added to their Quail flock before processing Males? Does the diet effect the flavor? Appreciate all replies in advance!

New to the hobby, was wondering what type of Feed or additional fruits and vegetables people have added to their Quail flock before processing Males? Does the diet effect the flavor? Appreciate all replies in advance!
i feed my birds a seed and dried insect mix that replicates what they'd eat in the wild! It's about 70% millet and other grains like wheat and 20% dried mealworms and 10% salad type plants and other types of greens.

Welcome To BYC

@Nabiki and @Kiki may have some suggestions.

A lot of folks feed different things, but I feed only Quail/Gamebird starter, to everyone regardless of age, gender, etc. I process my extras/what I have raised to process at around 8weeks of age, give/take.

Diet could affect flavor perhaps, but I have not "experimented".

There's quite a few Youtubers that have decent Quail videos. You may want to look up Terry at Coturnix Corner - he also has a Quail forum which you may find helpful.
Chris at Slightly Rednecked also has informative content.

Back
Top Bottom