Best Sources for Eggs

rjs55555

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 2, 2010
Latrobe, PA
I have read posts about Ebay eggs not being great and having poor hatches. I was curious to know about anyone's experiences good or bad and to see if anyone has any recommendations for sellers both on ebay and elsewhere with good hatches. I am going to buy some coturnix eggs in the spring but am at a loss as to where to get the best eggs.

Thanks

Last edited:
The best hatch rates I've had for coturnix were from eggs I bought from the farm shop or deli intended for eating. I'm not sure if it would be the same where you are but I pay about £6 for 12 from Ebay and £2 for 12 from the shop. Might be worth a try
big_smile.png

i sell on ebay an also got a website ..most my hatch rates from my customer's have been 80 to 85% but not all some have been 50% thats why shipped eggs are a gamble

I usually get 90-95% hatches here. I get my best hatches from my own eggs. I have had 80% haches on shipped eggs, and 20% on others. I would try to order them from somebody close to you. Whatever you do don't get over night shipping on eggs.

A lot of us quail people on this forum sell on ebay. If you figure out our ebay names you can usually get the eggs for cheaper there than you can in private
wink.png
(I didn't just say that???
lau.gif
)

Quote:
GO OUT THERE AND SURF AROUND THE WEB FOR A WHILE, FIND LOTSA PLACES TO BUY EGGS... SEE LOTSA HIGH PRICES, THEN GO TO EBAY AND BUY THE SAME EGGS FROM THE HIGH PRICE WEBSITES AND SAME SELLERS ON EBAY FOR LESS. OTHER THAN PRICE WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? NOTHING. SHIPPING IS HARD ON EGGS, MANY EGGS ARE HARD TO SUCESSFULLY INCUBATE AND HATCH- PERIOD WETHER THEY ARE SHIPPED IN THE US MAIL, OR ROLLED TO YOU BY A LAME CARRIER PIGEON,--- SOME SPECES ARE JUST DIFFICULT TO HATCH... THE PROBLEM COMES FORM A COUPLE OF THINGS #1 UNEDUCATED BUYERS OR INEXPERIENCED BUYERS... THE OH! I GOTTA HAVE SOME OF THOSE TYPE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING OR GETTING INTO WITH THAT PARTICULAR SPECES... AND #2 SOME WHERE BETWEEN YOU THE BUYER AND THE SELLER LIES THE AMERICAN TOURISTOR GOERILLA PATIENTLY WORKING HIS WAY THROUGH HIS 2ND CARRIER--- POSTAL CARRIER
smile.png

EBAY HAS A NEAT THING, ITS CALLED FEEDBACK... CHECK YOUR SELLERS FEEDBACK IN DEPTH IT SHOULD HELP ILLUMINATE THE POOR CHARACTERS OR SHADY SELLERS

There are some good ebayers and some bad. Just research feedback. Many of us here sell eggs here and ebay. With shipped eggs there is always a gamble as the post office can mess up perfect eggs. Also you can have your own incubator mishaps which can affect hatchability too whether you buy local or shipped eggs
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom