Best way to preserve a tiny egg?

JaceTx

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 6, 2009
I got an egg less that the size of a quarter. What is the best way to preserve it? I've heard of blowing it out. How you do make a hole in it without breaking the shell?
Thanks for any help.

Or you could maybe just hard boil it then put two or three coats of polyurethane on it

just a thought

I think it will be harder to do with a small egg. If you do decide to blow it out, practice on expendable eggs. After you poke a couple holes in it, mix up the innards with the needle. (You might not have a yolk in such a tiny egg).

Another way of preserving it is just to let it dry out naturally. That's what they do with those beautiful Ukranian Easter eggs. You do run the risk that it might go bad.

I just let them set on the kitchen counter. If you don`t disturb them, they go through various stages of rotting and eventually dry out. They don`t smell so why make your cheeks hurt and take a chance on breaking them. If you`re nervous about it, put them in a baggie. Works for me.

I've just let them dry out. I have one drying right now, sitting in a seashell (it's actually just a mussel from the river), like a little pearl.
big_smile.png

I've got eggs that are five years old and if you pick them up and shake them, they would rattle. My DD broke one by accident, the yolk was all hard like a yellow orange marble, perfectly dried up and the egg whites were non existent. No smell either.

I sit the eggs in a display egg basket, and once in a while I would give them a nice dusting.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom