Best way to trap nuisance neighborhood Chihuahuas

What about calling your ACO and getting them involved in dealing with the neighborhood ankle biters? However, if you are of the opinion (and it sounds like that is the case) that going that route would rile the neighbors into violence, perhaps your current plan is the best. Simply trap them and drop them off at animal shelter as a stray. But that may not be an option for you. Here, I don't think that I could drop off a stray at the shelter. It would have to be filtered through ACO.
We don't have an ACO, so that thought never crosses my mind.

We just paid about $43 for a large, live trap that can be used on raccoons/opossums ::: chihuahuas::: on Amazon.

Might I make a suggestion. Prepare a nicely, well worded letter that you can pass out to ALL of your neighbors. In it, state your intentions on protecting your self and your property, and what steps you plan on taking if the conditions you list are violated. Make sure AT LEAST 1 or 2 other neighbors gets a copy of the letter, so that the one jerk who's actually creating all the issues, cannot come back and say you have been targeting them. You'll have proof they weren't being targeted as you've given the intention letter to *all* the neighbors close by.
I would like to add to this that the letter could state that you have seen evidence of predators on your property and will be setting traps for such. Any Domesticated animals found in the traps will be dropped at the shelter as strays and any wild animals will be dispatched to ensure the safety and health of your animals on your property.

We don't either, and when you turn in a stray to the local shelter, they take your name and such. That makes me uncomfortable.

This is a very good reason to simply turn the matter over to ACO. Trap the dogs, call ACO to pick them up. Eventually, the ACO will start fining the neighbor for allowing their animals to run at large.

What about calling your ACO and getting them involved in dealing with the neighborhood ankle biters? However, if you are of the opinion (and it sounds like that is the case) that going that route would rile the neighbors into violence, perhaps your current plan is the best. Simply trap them and drop them off at animal shelter as a stray. But that may not be an option for you. Here, I don't think that I could drop off a stray at the shelter. It would have to be filtered through ACO.
I'm not at all concerned with violence, nor too concerned if they feel upset I took their dogs. We have had entirely too many incursions over the past year for me to worry about it any longer. If they are that apathetic towoards my wishes and are trying to retrain my girls by setting off fireworks they lost my interest.

This is a very good reason to simply turn the matter over to ACO. Trap the dogs, call ACO to pick them up. Eventually, the ACO will start fining the neighbor for allowing their animals to run at large.

Our county doesn't HAVE an ACO.... the steps we have is trap and kill predators, trap and turn in animals to the local shelter, who then take your name and address and such.

Back
Top Bottom