Beyond The Purple Door...Chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
:frow Well thanks for coming here. I also have horses, goats, chickens, Ducks, dogs and a Cat. I'm currently not riding much and definitely should be. My age has me more concerned about injuries to myself. My Arabian is trained by me and a fantastic partner. It's my own demons I need to work through.
You definitely don't get winters like I do! 😳🤣
Arabs are awesome if they get the right training. My last horse was Half Arab and Half Standard bred. He was an awesome driving horse... Riding horse... Gaming, jumping, Dressing up in costumes, and in general the Leisure suit Larry of the stables. I still miss him and hes been gone now more than thirty years. Lost him to cancer and my hear went with.

I bought a started Dressage horse. thoroughbred off the track. Back then Dressage was foremost my philosophy with handling horses. Fit right in with my Cavalry style training. Stony was a great horse. but had scar tissue over his sciatic. If you weren't careful he would fall down behind. Beautiful easy to handle canter I rode him in a mild snaffle.

I couldn't keep him when I got pregnant. Not that riding would have hurt us but Stony was trained initially on the track. They do not stand their horses for mounting they keep the horse walking and toss the jockey up. I got him to be able to stand for about half a minute while I got on but one time he threw me forward onto the saddle and my stommach. I wasn't doing right by him so I found a home for him.

I got out for about ten or twelve years. By then I was quite fluffy so I had interests in driving and maybe riding and found a smallish Percheron mare in a horse add from Sacramento. Emailed and found out the horse was in Washougal Washington. We talked several times I asekd for a video and Katee came home here That summer...

Her name is Rocking Jolly Kateen, and she is a hoot. She is only 17.1 hands and when fit around 1600-1700 lbs. In a colder climate that would be closer to 2000 lbs. But the lighter weight is perfect for these hotter climates. I also only feed Bermuda and NO grain. Again Hot climate. If she were working that would change.

Sorry I tend to write volumes when I am interested.

I have lots of wild roses in my pasture. Plus thistles too. Gets pretty prickly in the summer.
I wish I could have pasture... Just Chaparral and the odd patch of Wild Bermuda. Its good goat country though. But I feed the goats Bermuda. and yep they still take care of the brush... SMH. And rewire the Telephones and christen the hammock by falling through the roof of the patio cover... and stealing the license plate sticker off my moms car... :lau and playing Leap frog from the top of the highest rock they can find.

For what its worth Hot wire unless its bipolar doesn't work here. so when I do the run the base will be lined with Cattle panels and chicken wire. Too much linear to do hardware cloth. but basically the cattle panel for Goat containment and finer wire for chicken containment. then the whole thing will be covered with Aviary netting.

No goats go out of the yard without supervision. I cant begin to list the predators I have to watch out for.

deb

I wish I could have pasture... Just Chaparral and the odd patch of Wild Bermuda. Its good goat country though. But I feed the goats Bermuda. and yep they still take care of the brush... SMH. And rewire the Telephones and christen the hammock by falling through the roof of the patio cover... and stealing the license plate sticker off my moms car... :lau and playing Leap frog from the top of the highest rock they can find.

For what its worth Hot wire unless its bipolar doesn't work here. so when I do the run the base will be lined with Cattle panels and chicken wire. Too much linear to do hardware cloth. but basically the cattle panel for Goat containment and finer wire for chicken containment. then the whole thing will be covered with Aviary netting.

No goats go out of the yard without supervision. I cant begin to list the predators I have to watch out for.

deb
I should have said feed the goats Alfalfa... They think their throats were slit if I gave them bermuda... :gig I steal a flake or two for the chickens about once a month.

deb

Arabs are awesome if they get the right training. My last horse was Half Arab and Half Standard bred. He was an awesome driving horse... Riding horse... Gaming, jumping, Dressing up in costumes, and in general the Leisure suit Larry of the stables. I still miss him and hes been gone now more than thirty years. Lost him to cancer and my hear went with.

I bought a started Dressage horse. thoroughbred off the track. Back then Dressage was foremost my philosophy with handling horses. Fit right in with my Cavalry style training. Stony was a great horse. but had scar tissue over his sciatic. If you weren't careful he would fall down behind. Beautiful easy to handle canter I rode him in a mild snaffle.

I couldn't keep him when I got pregnant. Not that riding would have hurt us but Stony was trained initially on the track. They do not stand their horses for mounting they keep the horse walking and toss the jockey up. I got him to be able to stand for about half a minute while I got on but one time he threw me forward onto the saddle and my stommach. I wasn't doing right by him so I found a home for him.

I got out for about ten or twelve years. By then I was quite fluffy so I had interests in driving and maybe riding and found a smallish Percheron mare in a horse add from Sacramento. Emailed and found out the horse was in Washougal Washington. We talked several times I asekd for a video and Katee came home here That summer...

Her name is Rocking Jolly Kateen, and she is a hoot. She is only 17.1 hands and when fit around 1600-1700 lbs. In a colder climate that would be closer to 2000 lbs. But the lighter weight is perfect for these hotter climates. I also only feed Bermuda and NO grain. Again Hot climate. If she were working that would change.

Sorry I tend to write volumes when I am interested.
My Arab is only 14.2hh and very forward. He was 7 when I bought him. Very green and exceptional on ground work though. The day I went to try him the little bugger bolted with me and did a quick stop at the fence to throw me off. I hit the ground and he stopped to look over his back to see if I was okay. I bought him that day because he definitely had a connection to me. We are a great partnership and I absolutely adore him. He just turned 19 on Valentine's Day..❤️🐴

deb
Depends on our weather? I have sandy soil and my pasture and property is all hills. Last year I had a great pasture although only enough for one horse all season.

Kupid my Arab and Teddy my Mini.
B2977A3F-CBB8-41B8-9452-49B71FF9D51A.jpeg
B2A8B92E-6E33-406C-ACA9-80FE4B5EBFEB.jpeg
4906A204-004E-429D-A60B-8D238D2F4C32.jpeg
BF993607-DD79-4AB1-9410-3D0FA5188F97.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom