Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
I’m slacking- sorry guys. Figure I owe some pic updates. Here’s one of Big Boy and Big Gurl (creative I know) but they’re HUGE - gentle, calm observant; awesome awesome breed. Gurly’s coloring is gorgeous. Big Boy looks cranky but isn’t lol. You can see a ‘Mini’ in the background

Then there’s Owlbeard and Big Gurl- looking nosy as ever. The coop is under remodel, so they’re in interim accommodations.

Attachments

• IMG_2850.jpeg
    IMG_2850.jpeg
    418.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3203.jpeg
    IMG_3203.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 10
I’m slacking- sorry guys. Figure I owe some pic updates. Here’s one of Big Boy and Big Gurl (creative I know) but they’re HUGE - gentle, calm observant; awesome awesome breed. Gurly’s coloring is gorgeous. Big Boy looks cranky but isn’t lol. You can see a ‘Mini’ in the background

Then there’s Owlbeard and Big Gurl- looking nosy as ever. The coop is under remodel, so they’re in interim accommodations.
Thanks' for sharing an update on them! I hope they will like the remodeled coop.

I did a bit of remodeling in the little's part of the coop. I took out the huddle box, which they used one night when it was chilly. They've been roosting on top of it ever since. I put in a real roost, and have made a poop board to go underneath.

They don't spend a lot of time in the coop, so I hope this helps to limit the smell; there was a fair amount of poop on and around the huddle box. I also put up "shavings keeper" board to help keep the bedding from being scratch out.

Pip, the one who I fear may be a cockerel, gave me another cockerel warning: making tidbitting noises over a bug found on the ground. :hmm His/her comb doesn't seem to be any bigger, and he/she still has "skinny girly" legs. Sigh.

I did a bit of remodeling in the little's part of the coop. I took out the huddle box, which they used one night when it was chilly. They've been roosting on top of it ever since. I put in a real roost, and have made a poop board to go underneath.

They don't spend a lot of time in the coop, so I hope this helps to limit the smell; there was a fair amount of poop on and around the huddle box. I also put up "shavings keeper" board to help keep the bedding from being scratch out.

Pip, the one who I fear may be a cockerel, gave me another cockerel warning: making tidbitting noises over a bug found on the ground. :hmm His/her comb doesn't seem to be any bigger, and he/she still has "skinny girly" legs. Sigh.
So, how has your new coop arrangement gone? Do they like it any better?

So, how has your new coop arrangement gone? Do they like it any better?
I haven't been back out. I glued a lip on the poop tray, and I'm giving it time to dry before I put it out there. I'll go out in about an hour.

I like the arrangement better. It looks more open and clean. :) Hopefully it stays cleaner too.

We're getting a lot of wildfire smoke from the fires in Ontario, Canada. Our air quality is "unhealthy." I worry about the chickens. I was out briefly, and it made my upper chest ache. (I don't have asthma, or any breathing issues.)

I haven't been back out. I glued a lip on the poop tray, and I'm giving it time to dry before I put it out there. I'll go out in about an hour.

I like the arrangement better. It looks more open and clean. :) Hopefully it stays cleaner too.

We're getting a lot of wildfire smoke from the fires in Ontario, Canada. Our air quality is "unhealthy." I worry about the chickens. I was out briefly, and it made my upper chest ache. (I don't have asthma, or any breathing issues.)
I wish that they could get that fire out up there soon to start giving people some relief from it.

Back
Top Bottom