Big Announcement: BYC & Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook Partnership - BeakBook - April fool's 2013

Good one!
gig.gif

As much as I enjoy both facebook and BYC, I hope some of the elements of facebook do not make it to the BYC community through the partnership. The 'big brother' nature of facebook's targeted advertising being a major concern for me. While certain negative aspects of facebook may not be it's own fault, such as "Like us on facebook in order to receive the advertised discount" practices many now employ, I am not a fan of it either. Having a certain hobby or reading certain topics doesn't mean I want those to show up on my facebook wall either.

I like the idea as long as the content doesnt get slumped into the pit of privacy doom that facebook has.
Just let me keep some control of the photo instead of handing it to the highest bidder. That's may face and my chickens beak.
Couldn't agree more.

Does facebook have to be involved with everything? Like i even have to sign into facebook to view my credit statement. I like the website the way it is. Nice, personal, private. And what happens to the people who dont have Facebook? Youll probably have to sign into "BeakBook" using Facebook so everybody will probably need a facebook. I dunno. Just as long as this website remains informative and a community I'm fine with whatever. I just dont want all my friends seeing that i raise chickens. It is a hobby but it isnt something i want to see on my wall everyday. I like some stuff to be personal or at least semi personal. BeakBook sounds interesting.

Isnt there already a social networking site called Beakbook but its for penguins or something?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom