Big Announcement: BYC & Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook Partnership - BeakBook - April fool's 2013

I can see it now. 400 posts a day asking how long it takes a chicken egg to hatch. Once they start with chickens, it moves on to ducks and geese and EMUs! It'll be enough to drive a person nuts!

FB is O.K I mostly visit this website though.I hardly ever go to the FB page for info.

If anyone remembers the DIG website...they lost a huge amount of members when they started making drastic changes. Im not saying the changes are all bad, but I hope we wont be swarmed with ads, griefers, and required to have a paid membership to enjoy what we already have here. I like the quiet community we have, and i refer all my friends here.

I dont do facebook. I hope BYC does not become facebook.

I hope that does not mean this site is going away. It would be sad to have this become just another facebook page. This site has so much to offer that facebook never could. There is so much knowledge and experience shared here on the various threads that could never be duplicated on facebook. There is also the privacy issue. On face book there is none.

If the facebook page will be in addition to this site then it would be great!

I like BYC as is, no face book is needed. I WILL NOT have anything to do with face book, too many problems. I use BYC for information not for chatting or as a social place. I have great response for all of my chicken's needs or for my questions or for helping someone thru PMs. Works great as is.

I hope that does not mean this site is going away. It would be sad to have this become just another facebook page. This site has so much to offer that facebook never could. There is so much knowledge and experience shared here on the various threads that could never be duplicated on facebook. There is also the privacy issue. On face book there is none.

If the facebook page will be in addition to this site then it would be great!
Exactly. OMG! I'm a grandmother to 28 and great grandmother to 1 and that part didn't even dawn on me.
th.gif

If Mark is so interested in chickens, why not get him to invest in this site and leave it the way it is. Facebook can never duplicate what you have built here.

Woo I can't wait. Would be amazing to fight/ make it more known for allowing chickens / any poultry to be allowed to be owned anywhere!!

But I think the name of it could be fixed up to something a little bit better...

Well,, here's my 2 cents....

I think this page is fine, I also like facebook for the most part. But I can't even post a facebook link in my signature (got a warning) to my chicken FB page because in the opinion of the moderator it violate BSL policies. My fear is that with a special FB type social network, we would be restricted even more unless we paid for the privilege of advertising via Golden Feather. Sorry, not a good value for the cost. i say leave things the way they are.

If Mark is so interested in chickens, why not get him to invest in this site and leave it the way it is. Facebook can never duplicate what you have built here.
I agree. What you have set up here is a wonderful resource.
I hope in your new plans it is set up so that you don't need to get advertisers in here as obtrusively as facebook has had to do.
I enjoy talking to real people and the fact that the mods enforce cordial communication in this forum. Facebook gets downright nasty.
Please keep the BYC's member info private and protected. Especially all of the photos we share on a daily basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom