Big Bang Theory!

I had forgotten about Ice Road Truckers. DH watches that, too.

I can't stand to watch shows where there is a lot of griping, whining and fighting. If everyone's mean-spirited it really turns me off.

Yup, Dirty Jobs got kinda lame towards the end of last season. And I don't know what Deadliest Catch will be like without Phil. I do worry about Phil's kids. Weird, isn't it? Never met the man, or his kids... Loved Phil's little birdhouses. Those were really cool!

Quote:
I worry about the kids too. I think part of that is that I was 30 when I lost both of my parents and I know how lost and scared I was, they were much younger. Also he was a part of their every day as my Mom was part of mine We worked in the same store. Jake went to rehab because Phil told him to, then he passed, so I wonder how he did. The commercial makes it look like the boys are back, but in what capacity I don't know. It will be interesting to see how it all works out, but I have a feeling there will always be a little "something" missing there. There was a DC marathon on this weekend, and something that struck me was how often Phil talked about dying young. He must have had some sort of feeling. His lifestyle was a factor no doubt, but it seemed like he was preparing his kids, the best he knew how.

Quote:
I worry about the kids too. I think part of that is that I was 30 when I lost both of my parents and I know how lost and scared I was, they were much younger. Also he was a part of their every day as my Mom was part of mine We worked in the same store. Jake went to rehab because Phil told him to, then he passed, so I wonder how he did. The commercial makes it look like the boys are back, but in what capacity I don't know. It will be interesting to see how it all works out, but I have a feeling there will always be a little "something" missing there. There was a DC marathon on this weekend, and something that struck me was how often Phil talked about dying young. He must have had some sort of feeling. His lifestyle was a factor no doubt, but it seemed like he was preparing his kids, the best he knew how.

DH and I noticed the dying references, and also that in one episode he pulled out a lot of old photos. I think he knew. And it was his choice. Had he stayed home building birdhouses he'd probably still be alive today, but not happy.

Quote:

DH and I noticed the dying references, and also that in one episode he pulled out a lot of old photos. I think he knew. And it was his choice. Had he stayed home building birdhouses he'd probably still be alive today, but not happy.

I know exactaly the episode you mean. You are right, alive but not happy.

Saw Deadliest Catch. It really isn't the same. And I'm very glad that the new captain said his "Phil's dead" comment to another hand and NOT one of the kids. Still wanted to slap him thouhg.
Glad the one son passed his drug test. I think they should've tested him again as he stepped on the boat to launch. He thought he was safe by then and that's when I'd've confirmed he stayed clean after the initial test. I sure hope he's clean, but he show a lot of confidence when the first one was being completed.
DH hoped he washed it before he stuck it to the fridge though
lau.gif

Quote:
I know!!! We couldn't believe he said that either, what an insensitive thing to come out of his mouth.
somad.gif
I am proud of the boys and I too really hope Jake is clean. It isn't the same without Phil and with the new Captains. I hope it gets a little better, I was disappointed in last nights episode. Phil left some pretty big shoes to fill
sad.png

Phil not only left big shoes to fill, but he left a void in the other captains as well. They aren't having as much fun with it as they used to. I hope it picks up a little, too.
I'm pleased to see that Phil's kids are being upbeat, though. I thik they were the happiest faces I saw. Its like thier dad is with them when they're on the sea, I think. They feel him. They also looked healthier than most everyone else. I was glad of that!!

OMG. The girls are taking Sheldon dancing on Thursday.
I am cracking up just thinking about it.

What would be funnier: Sheldon dancing or his girlfriend dancing or the two of them dancing at the same time?

None of the above, IMO. Watching Penny watching them dance will be funniest....

Back
Top Bottom