big day number 21

waw

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 12, 2011
Mississippi
sad.png

still no signs of life should i check i am at work right now and not positive they are not hatched but nothing this morning
what to do i am kind of depressed

Hatching is not an instantaneous process and they don't always hatch at exactly 21 days. Many different things can affect when they hatch. The big one is average incubating temperature. If your average incubating temperature is a tad low, they can be two or even three days late. But heredity, egg size, humidity during incubation, and even how you store them before you start incubating can make a difference. Many, many people have been in your situation. The best thing you can do is to be patient.

Just leave them alone - I know its hard. Give them at least till day 25 before you go in and start messing around. If you start hearing peeps, leave them alone - they will MOST LIKELY be fine with out any help. I know its hard, but after trial and error, I've learned that the hands-off approach is best. Good luck, and dont be hard on youself if the hatch dosnt work out as you wanted - its a delicate process and takes some learning to get all the conditions right.

Try not to worry. On my big Day 21, the first to hatch pipped around 2 p.m. and hatched out 3 and 1/2 hours later. The next hatched around 10 p.m., then midnight, then the last around 4 a.m.

It is an exercise in patience.

Quote:
X2
All do not hatch at once.....And be sure you are counting your days correctly...Day 1 is really one day 2 (24 hours AFTER you put them in inc or under broody)

Praying you'll relax and enjoy the hatch....I know it's hard.....I just have to walk away from the incs soooo many times..
smile.png
.....Nancy

i don't know about mine i can't access them for about another 3-4 hours if they pip or hatch will they be okay
roll.png

They will be OK for two or three days if you don't touch them. Touching them and fooling with them is usually when you cause a problem.

They can live for three days without eating and drinking after they hatch. That's because they absorb what's left of the yolk. That's why they can survive being mailed.

i just checked the temp and it was 104 degrees for about a 1 hour are they still alive if so how do i tell
sad.png

Don't worry. I had a spike once up to 115 and I corrected it as soon as I saw it. I still had a good hatch.

Back
Top Bottom