Bigfoot

Meh. Here in the Pacific Northwest, he's about as exciting as seeing any other celebrity at the grocery store or coffee shop. I mean here in the Seattle are we've got Bill Gates, Eddie Vedder, Clif Claven from Cheers, Sasquatch, & others. They're just people & we play it cool whenever we bump into one or the other.
wink.png

Tlinget legend has an evil giant that is half-man, half-otter. He's called Kushtaka, and he whistles and calls people to the water where he drowns them. In some ledgends he's helpful, but generally not. This was the only monster I was frightened of as a child. The reason I was scared of Kushtaka was that a few too many people I knew claimed to have seen one.....even my pastor's son and daughter-in-law.

no but does sasquaatch = bigfoot??
if u believe in bigfoot (like me:)) theres this show on discovery called "lost tapes"
it was freaky!!!
hide.gif
but now im a believer!
big_smile.png
-sorta

I believe in bigfoot- and also believe that I have had a sighting when i was in 4th grade. I lived east of Roseburg Oregon in a small town called Glide. We lived right on the North Umpqua river(grandparents still do), and I had a friend who lived about 15 miles up river from us, in a remote area called Susan Creek. The bus would let us off at the main hwy, and we had to walk close to 1 mile up this gravel road to their house- it was very remote. about a 1/2 mile in the road split and went around this very thick brushy area full of old growth timber they had to preserve when building the road- so we would choose to go one way or the other. So one day we are walking along after choosing to go right at the split, doing stupid little girl stuff, and we start smelling something. We both comment about how it stinks, and think nothing of it though, just keep walking along- then we hear something in the brush up ahead of us. So we stop and we think it is probably a deer. We yell a few times, pick up sticks, and bang them (remember we are 4th grade girls, and our minds quickly jumped from deer to cougars). Whatever is in the bushes keeps moving ahead of us but stays in the bushes, along the roadway, going the same direction as we are. At this point we are almost to the end of the split in the road around the old growth, and can start seeing some daylight filtering through the brush- and can sort of see a glimpse of what ever is crashing through the brush ahead of us- and when we realize that it was taller and appeared to be moving upright we thought it might be her brother playing a trick on us-until we got a glimpse of a lot of hair that was NOT her brothers- we started freaking out at that point, and started running -and we heard the hairy thing cross out of the brush, and then disappear into the undergrowth on the other side of the road on the other side of the split - we kept looking back to see if we would see anything, but never did. We got to my friends house, and told her Dad about it, and he was getting ready to go pick up both her brothers from school-so was definitly not one of the brothers playing tricks on us- he thought it may have been a bear- but we know bears are usually not silvery, brownish grey and don't stand up to run through the brush... We went with her dad to get the brothers from school, and showed him the area we had our encounter- he wanted to look for tracks, but it was pretty dry and gravely- the only thing we did find was some hairs on some branches- and the hairs were thick, and long, and brownish grey... We did no want to walk home after that-

Bigfoot, aliens.. chupacabra.. such, i don't know if their real but i'd never say they aren't. even if they were though i still enjoy the stories... one i can remember (will keep it short) grandfather always told was one night a couple called him to bring his hounds (hunting dogs) to go track down a bigfoot, Because while the couple was asleep it had woken them up shaking and pulling on the door.. at first they didn't know what it was, they thought it was a person trying to break in..

But upon getting up and walking to the door they saw a figure that stood straight up, about 8 feet tall and huge, trying to get in.. when my grandfather got there with his dogs to let them out and track all they would do was stare at him in the truck at which point he pulled them out with the dogs kicking and scratching trying to stay in the truck and then jumping back in.. He said you could see huge tracks in the dirt and a spot where it broke branch's leaving. And he said it was the most awful smell ever... I've heard it told two ways. my grandfather says dead animals, my aunt's that were at home then but tell the story said he told them it smelled like sulfur..

-Daniel

I guess I have never seen anything out of the ordinary, but I feel things. And I have seen shadows where they shouldnt be out of the corner of my eye.

But really, I believe any legend has its basis in fact. They were stories told and re told, and they grew and changed. I believe there is some truth to the burmuda triangle, Atlanta, the lochness monster, all of the tales of dragons and sea creatures, UFOs, etc. They are still discovering new species of plants, animals, and bugs every day. How could we claim some things are not real then?

Personally I even believe there were unicorns!
smile.png
Or something like them.

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here.

Back
Top Bottom