Birchen Marans Thread

Pics
My guess is they are NOT wheaten but rec white. Both parents must be carrying it for it to express.

i will get new pictures today -- their wing feathers are growing in with both white and either beige or grey coloring... i've never seen either a wheaten or a recessive white marans in person, so am not sure what i'm looking at!

@DCchicken Here is the blue birchen pullet I was telling you about. It is just with my cell phone, and just a head shot. I think you can see the silver:

She has the most silver of the two that I have. I will try to remember to get my regular camera out, and get better light.

Last edited:
Subscribing.
smile.png

Does anyone in this thread sell hatching eggs for the Gorgeous Silver Birchen Marans? I bought eggs and they were gorgeous and 10 out of 11 developed, 98 of them fully, but only 1 pipped and hatched.
hit.gif
I want more eggs and will try again...I have looked here, Craigslist, and my local facebook poultry group...Are they harder to hatch? I had 9 Speckled Sussex chicks pop out in the same hatch, same incubator, etc....but only the 1 Bichen baby...All of hte eggs were shipped too. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks, I'm waiting for Raven1 next week or so...but then if I still need them, I'll PM you. Thank you so much! I'm so sad to only have 1 of my favorites right now...instead of 10 of them running around.
sad.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom