Bird Watchers Thread

Do you participate in bird watching?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I guess we do I haven't seen them much though if they do your talking about this bird right?

I get TONS of waxwings in the summertime over my river, I just love to inter-tube(<-is that how you spell it?) down and watch them fly and do little flips above me before sitting in a branch downstream and waiting for me to pass again! they are so cute!

Last edited:
wow never seen one of them. my dad wants to shoot down the blackbirds that fly into our yard, I luckily manage to let the dog out to scare them off before he goes off for his gun!

:/ that's to bad I really like them one was living by my coop for a whole day he didn't leave at all it was very strange I tried to catch him ^_^ he wouldn't let me but he also wouldn't leave :idunno

that's an impressive number you've got. I never keep track. Just lazy I guess. But I do have a question for you since you mentioned that your backyard hen glances up to see predators flying around. It has to do with the eyes of ducks, chickens etc. I've noticed that their eyes protrude out ever so slightly. Is this so they have upwards peripheral vision for initially spotting flying predators before the head cocks for a better view?

I've never seen a hen's eyes protrude before it looks up, but perhaps I'm not looking close enough to notice.

Actually yes chickens eyes are made for spotting flying predators I can't remember which one but one is for seeing things far away like hawks in stuff and the other eye is for things close up cool right?!

Here's my new article!

[CONTENTEMBED=/a/can-i-keep-ducks-chickens-turkeys-and-geese-together layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]

Back
Top Bottom