Bird's Fluffy Butt gets a bath!

fishnet1971

'Birds Momma
13 Years
May 25, 2010
'Bird 'n the Fluffy Butts coop in Ohio
As I picked her up off the floor of the coop, May KNEW she was in trouble. She had recieved a big plop off poop in her head from a jokester fluffy butt last night. Her mommy took her inside their warm coop and set her down on the counter. She did like all the cute things that her mommy had sitting around. 'wow! These things all have my picture on them!" May laughed as she sheepisly looked around.

58585_maysbath_002.jpg

May heard sounds coming from somewhere that she recognized, but couldnt put a name too. she felt verrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy uneasy and started to wonder...

58585_maysbath_003.jpg

As May sat down and started to get comfortable, she thought she knew what the sounds were she was hearing! was it running water???? Sheepishly, she looked at her mommy when she came back in the room and said " aaawwwwwwww mommmmaaaaaaa I dont need a bath!
58585_maysbath_005.jpg

May knew her GOOSE (errr..... chicken) was cooked!!!!! OMG, I couldnt leave that one out.
58585_maysbath_027.jpg

58585_maysbath_028.jpg

awwww but she DID need a bath, and with her troubled beak, Momma knew she couldnt possibly clean her nasty feathers all by herself. Momma told little May " aww sweety, I love you soooo much that I want you to stay clean! i want you stay healthy, and the only way we can do that is to give you a nice warm bath". May understood that there was NO way of getting out of this one. So she though she would do what any good chicken would do, and go along with her momma request.

Momma gently put her into the tub filled with warm water. "wow" May thought "This is kind of nice! the warmth on my toes is so relaxing!"

58585_maysbath_006.jpg

As Momma scrubber her feathers clean, getting all the dirt and poop off of them, May began to see the dirty water beneath her. She did not realize how dirty she was!
58585_maysbath_008.jpg

"Dawn? Momma's using Dawn!!!!!" May turned her head to look at all the yeuch and was glad that her momma loved her enough to take care of her.
58585_maysbath_010.jpg

When May's Momma felt that she was clean enough, she picked her up and hand dried her wet feathers. "It felt good to be clean." May thought. "But I am so wet and cold... BRRRRRR"
58585_maysbath_012.jpg

Little did May know, her momma had plans for her wet cold self! She took May up to her coops bathroom and set her on the counter. 'SUPRISE!" momma said, and she took out her warm air thingy and started to dry Mays wet feathers. She had seen this warm air thingy once before when everyone was all wet and cold from the snow before. She liked it. It made her feel warm.
58585_maysbath_018.jpg

Momma brushed out all the feathers, and made sure her butt was fluffy! 'who said that I didnt have the fluffiest butt in the coop? ha, not now!"
58585_maysbath_017.jpg

58585_maysbath_020.jpg

May helped her momma finish the feather styling and was sooo happy!
58585_maysbath_024.jpg

Her momma wondered if maybe a new pair of earrings would make her feel good too? She pulled out a pair of new ones thas she had bought and asked May if she wanted to borrow them. At first May was skeptical about them. She had never worn earrings before! She looked at them with wonder.
58585_maysbath_025.jpg

May decided against the earrings. She didn't want the rest of the Fluffy Butts to get jealouse with her, after all she had just gotten in on their good side! Momma understood and smiled at May's clean shiney feathers.
58585_maysbath_026.jpg

May ended up back in the coop with Bird and the other Fluffy Butts clean, warm, and happy. She even laid and egg for her momma the next morning to say thanks.....
awww May, such a sweet heart.

Last edited:
Bless May for being so patient with her stylist. Did you forget to do her nails?

Absolutely adorable! I have two daughters, ages 12 and 14, who will go out and grab my hens and paint their toenails.
smile.png
I've begun to join in on the fun.
smile.png
The girls look so pretty with their teal, purple, pink, orange, glitter, etc toes! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom