Birdwatching Chat Thread

Pics
Calls can vary some with geographical location. High-pitched or low?
Very low. It's the cadence that's a bit different. We've heard this same owl for years, and it's always sounded like this.
Sounds like a mourning dove to me.
It's definitely an owl! :) Exact same pattern, though.

No, I don't really know what to look for, and I don't know where his nest is. Somewhere closeby, though. I've caught a glimpse of him sitting on a power pole before, at night.
Nice! Things at night always scare me. But I still like to close the chickens in when it is fully dark. I always bring my dog and a flashlight. Sometimes see deer, but haven't seen the owl yet! Lucky you! If I could get a photo of an owl, I will be beyond happy!

Nice! Things at night always scare me. But I still like to close the chickens in when it is fully dark. I always bring my dog and a flashlight. Sometimes see deer, but haven't seen the owl yet! Lucky you! If I could get a photo of an owl, I will be beyond happy!
My little tiny point-and-shoot camera is no good at night, but my brother's gotten a photo of one, during the day. I love the dark! Sometimes after I tuck the chickens in, I'll wander around and look at things, just because they look so different at night.

My little tiny point-and-shoot camera is no good at night, but my brother's gotten a photo of one, during the day. I love the dark! Sometimes after I tuck the chickens in, I'll wander around and look at things, just because they look so different at night.
Same here! Kiki (my dog) seems to appreciate the night walks too. Especially after a big dinner.

Back
Top Bottom