Birdwatching Chat Thread

Pics
I saw the first Cedar Waxwing of the year! They usually hang around the orchards in winter and spring, then we don't see much of them the rest of the year. The Killdeers have also been very vocal at dusk; maybe they like the warm weather we've been having. What kinds of birds are you all seeing right now?

Light phase redtail hawk.
IMG_0381 (3).JPG

How are the birds in your area telling you that spring is here, or very near?

Many birds near me are singing, along with some Pine Siskens who I think we'll stick around! I've never had them in my yard before, and now I hear them singing their zipper calls almost every day!
Melvin and Molly, a pair of Canada Geese, are getting ready to nest in the bush near my house for the third year in a row!

How are the birds in your area telling you that spring is here, or very near?
Robins! They're everywhere. Spring here only lasts a couple of weeks; pretty soon it'll be in the eighties. I saw a whole flock of Cedar Waxwings yesterday, perched in our walnut tree. And of course the red-winged Blackbirds are singing their songs! A few juncos were playing in the bird bath last week, along with some finches. It's a beautiful day outside, 67°F and very sunny.

Back
Top Bottom