Birth defects

Nawww thankyou 😊

If i can get them to feed with paste how many times a day do u recommend and or how much of the paste each feed
I would recommend feeding him about 4-5x a day or more if you can. At a few days old, he should be able to hold about 1cc per feeding. If he takes a little less, that's ok, just make sure his little crop feels reasonably full. Be sure to also put little drops of sugar water by his beak to encourage him to drink :)

One more thing; the consistency of the paste should be dry enough to hold most of it's shape when squeezed out the syringe. Too wet (like apple sauce) you risk aspirating the chick. Too dry and it won't come out easily and he'll be pretty thirsty😅

I'm sure you'll do great!

I’m personally on the side of not culling unless suffering but important to see first if you would be prepared to care for this chick for life it has both a beak deformity and is blind- so it may need to be hand fed for the rest of its life, it’s likely to get bullied by other chickens, will be defenceless to predators and is likely to become very attached to you- while that sounds cute when it comes to a blind animal that means a chicken that is likely to be very scared when you’re not around, change in routine, change of place, unfamiliar sounds and scents will all freak the chick out.
I’m not saying don’t try I’m just saying make sure you are prepared for all this if he makes it.

Back
Top Bottom