Bit by the hatching bug ... Marans hatch

Here's a pic of the two I kept from the last hatch.

Good job. I have 7 marans and amerauvanas in the big house that are 4 weeks under a heat mat. 6 ameraucanas the kitchen just under 2 weeks and a new batch going in today, otloffs and ameraucanas. Next week I'm putting in more marans, ameraucanas and welsummers. I'm keeping all this year. Next year I'll have some eggs for sale. Computer broke so not getting pic now.

Good job. I have 7 marans and amerauvanas in the big house that are 4 weeks under a heat mat. 6 ameraucanas the kitchen just under 2 weeks and a new batch going in today, otloffs and ameraucanas. Next week I'm putting in more marans, ameraucanas and welsummers. I'm keeping all this year. Next year I'll have some eggs for sale. Computer broke so not getting pic now.
Sounds like you are keeping busy. Wish we had more room to keep more birds here...

I did a quick candling on the eggs on day 10....cleaned a few out. One that was shipped was totally clear. On my eggs.....I knw I had some that had sat around a while....I think I cleaned out 6 or 7 of those. Now we wait until April 3 and see what happens.

I did a quick candling on the eggs on day 10....cleaned a few out.  One that was shipped was totally clear.  On my eggs.....I knw I had some that had sat around a while....I think I cleaned out 6 or 7 of those.  Now we wait until April 3 and see what happens.  

Hi Matt!

How many eggs now do you have in the incubator?

Kristie

Hi Matt!

How many eggs now do you have in the incubator?

Kristie
Ive got 28 in there still. Some I cant see through, so I just left them in. So I did things a little different this time.....I had water in for the first three days....around 50%.... then added no more, stayed around 10 - 12% for days 4 - 18. Tomorrow night I will take the eggs out of the turner and up the humidity.

Back
Top Bottom