Bittersweet times and a bit of a rant

gudrin

Songster
11 Years
Oct 30, 2008
Minnesota
My baby is turning two tomorrow! I know, it shouldn't be a big deal, but this is more difficult for me than her first birthday. She has changed so much in the last year. I just packed away her diaper bag because she prefers to carry a backpack of her own and we also packed away all the baby gates because we don't need them anymore. *sniff sniff* I just have to post pictures of her. One from the day after we got home from the hospital, and one from just a couple of weeks ago.

17845_kirstin_just_born.jpg
17845_kirstin_smiley.jpg

Now for my bit of a rant:
Why do people insist that we have another child when I mention that she's going to be two and I can't believe how much she's grown up? If I thought it was truly time for that right now, then yes, we would have another. Good grief, I have enough to worry about right now. I'm still trying to figure out all this depression crap and I'm not ready to go off my pills for over a year (gestation plus nursing). Maybe in six months I'll be in a position to mentally and emotionally handle that. Then, yes, another baby may come. But people just seem to take it for granted that all people want another child right away and don't have any reason to wait! Grr... Pretty soon I'm going to answer: "I didn't know my sex life was so fascinating to you. If you would like you can come over and watch, but really there wouldn't be much to see."

Sorry if that seems crude. Just let me know and I can erase that part. I do like my dad's response to my pseudo-grandma. "Well, I try to stay out of that part of her life. She's got it all figured out for herself now."

Okay. Rant over. My "baby" is trying to help me type and wants me to go play farm. In all reality we have to go to town and get stuff for her birthday party! She'll have fun with that. It's just the grandparents and my husband's uncle and aunt coming tomorrow. That should be plenty of people and surprises for her.

Very Cute!!!!!

I remember with both my girls feeling a little sad as they each got a year older..The independence they would aquire as the time went on was always the most difficult for me..Now I have them both convinced they can NEVER EVER move out....They will ALWAYS need MOMMY to cut there chicken up or even there pizza...And they will always need me for something so they could never ever move out...They're 13 and 7...

And if convincing them they can't move out doesn't work, I've also stooped to grounding them until they're 45....Nope they can't move out until they're done being grounded...lol

Hope she has a wonderful birthday tomorrow...

Awe.. Happy Birthday to her!
smile.png
and you have every right to be "upset" at her growing up... they grow so quickly
sad.png
Seems like yesterday my DD was 2 - now she's 18 and ready to go to college and my DS is going to be 11 *sighs* . Where does the time go?

bah - its no ones business when or if you'll have another baby and I like your response actually, it should shut them up quite nicely LOL! Sorry, I just dont like people that think they can ask personal questions "just because"
roll.png
- its so uncouth of them.

Happy Happy birthday to your girl!
hugs.gif

My 13yr. old handed me a packet last week and I asked her ''what is this'', she said, ''enrollment for highschool'' I told her ''don't start with me right now, I'm going to cry'' I am not so ready for her to start highschool!
hit.gif
hit.gif
They do grow up fast!

My one and only boy turned 16 in January, he is driving and he is growing up. We have been driving around this week so he could put some job applications in at some local resturants. I cried most of the day Monday
hit.gif
, Oh I better stop thinking about it or I'll start again. I told him I will have a hard time letting go of him "someday" so when the time comes have mercy on me. He already has a girlfriend he has been seeing for about seven months and girls are all the time refering to how they would LOVE to be his girlfriend
old.gif
he is one good looking boy. OOOOhhhhhhhhh
hit.gif
hit.gif

My husband get stomach aches when talk about our dd turns to when she is "older" and "driving a car" and has "boyfriends"
They do grow FAST.

My daughter is an only child. She is now 6. I am going to be 39 in a few short weeks. I still get "So when are you having another one?" from people. The other day I called my mom and told her that dh and I had decided to get his V reversed and have another. For some odd reason she took me seriously. I had to tell her then that I was kidding and we were tossing it around since if we did have another kid(or 12) we would qualify for ALL types of assistance. From housing to heating to food to daycare. But because we had ONE. And were lucky to have her. We dont qualify for anything.

My sister, who JUST had a baby via emergency c sect the 7th. Even before she left the hospital was saying how they are going to have another.
roll.png
Good for her!! Takes the "pressure" off me.

Rhett&SarahsMom :

My husband get stomach aches when talk about our dd turns to when she is "older" and "driving a car" and has "boyfriends"
They do grow FAST.

Jason always says he's gonna shoot the girls first boyfriend and hope the rest hear about it!!!!
gig.gif

I can so see him sitting on the porch watching with eagle eyes as the first offical 'boyfriend' comes to pick one of the girls up on there first offical 'date'....Daddy's gonna be riding shot-gun on that date...
gig.gif

(obviously he's just joking about 'shooting' ANYONE...I don't want anyone turning what I said around...I've seen to many topics lately shut down because something was taken the wrong way...I want everyone to know he's JOKING when said)...

You should of seen him when it was "TIME" to talk about "the girly thing that happens every month"...I really think he took the long over the road job just for that reason
hide.gif
(he was a truck driver at the time...lol)....And he still isn't comfortable talking the
th.gif
XES
th.gif
talk with our oldest...It seems like I get to have all the fun...
he.gif

they do grow up so quickly don't they? i only have one 9 years old son who is quite a blessing as is, and it does seem around 18m-2 years of age of your first/only that people start asking "when are you having another one?"-luckily they finally stopped asking as he got around 7 years old- guess they gave up on us or something. happy birthday to your daughter, she is at a fun age and she is such a cutie! yeah it is hard as they gain independence, i know before too long mine will be driving and looking for his first job too-good grief where does time go?

Your little girl is so pretty. What a wonderful age two is, I'm sure it will be a wonderful year.

As to the bittersweet times, I don't think it ever ends. I've been so happy, yet so sad, at so many milestones. When my first DD graduated high school and went to college I cried for days, even though she is only two hours away. Thought that would be the worst! Hah.. not so, now she is 21 and moving to Vermont this fall, so I'll be lucky to see her twice a year. I feel like my heart is breaking whenever I think about it. I know we have the phone, we already talk everyday, but I will miss holding her in my arms when she needs mommy love. Our evenings snuggled on the couch watching movies and talking till the wee hours.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I'm crying again and must stop.

As for the nosy people, tell them you are happy to hear they are willing to help you support another baby. How soon will they be sending a child support check??
gig.gif
gig.gif

Have fun with your party!!

Thank you all. Reading the replies is really making me feel better. That and shopping with my daughter. She got to pick out a shirt for herself for the first time today! What an experience.

I know it's been said before by many people, but I do have to echo their sentiments: This board is absolutely awesome!

Thanks,
Beth

Back
Top Bottom