Bizarre Father's Day Gift Idea...

Yeah, probably... I'm still thinking maybe we should give my BIL and my Sis for that matter one of these certificates...

It'd be amazing, and solve SO many problems if they could just find their heads... well and start using them.

I just remembered that when I was little, I'm not sure how old, I wanted to do something nice for Father's Day and I had no money and no way to get anywhere, so I went out and grabbed gadgets from my dad's garage and wrapped up HIS OWN THINGS and gave them to him as gifts.
gig.gif
And I picked stupid stuff too, because I wasn't allowed to touch his tools, so I wrapped up old coat hooks, misc loose screws, etc from his workbench. And I put them in spark plug boxes that he had kicking around in the garage. Funny, I don't remember his reaction, but I'm sure he put on a good fake reaction. "My own junk back! Great!"
roll.png

Quote:
So did you use it? My ex boyfriend got me an ironing board once for my Birthday. Notice I said my EX boyfriend. I was like 20 and we weren't even married! I'm like, "What the heck are you thinking?!"

As any loving father and husband would do, yes I did. We shall not speak of the grief given to me by my coworkers for about a week after that.

Quote:
Exactly! Nice thought, but how 'bout doing that on some 'regular' day, not on Mother's Day or Father's Day, or on any gift giving occasion for that matter!

And honestly, I can't figure out which is more awkward: a SON saying "Dad, I've been thinking about your prostate" or your DAUGHTER saying "Dad, I've been thinking about your prostate.". It's just no, no, no on all levels. Nice thought, but NO.

Back
Top Bottom