Black cochin with red wings?

Wow... when I was a kid we had red winged black birds out in our fields on the farm.... and now they come in Cochin!

I'm just waiting for Melissa to post photos of her bird
smile.png

l_45a32c135c6440a48e7fa3b04ed664a1.jpg

l_d4dbf2ee79cf4b0f9b9ae19b3b5beca8.jpg

Note: the blue cochin is his brother ..he has no weird colors in him & im noticing in the pics that the red is very symetrical, but it doesnt cover his whole wing .however he is still young & the red has slowly filled in his wings, so im assuming it will keep coming in

Last edited:
I don't know where that came from- but he's PRETTY! That's not red duckwing?
I have a big splash cochin roo, and he has red "flecks" in the same part of his wings. If he has more, he'd almost be red white and blue
tongue.png

That coloring is AWESOME!! I would have thought that there would have been leakage in other places on his body, but WOW!!

New color variety? big_smile

Thanks.. when he 1st started showing the red, it seems to be random leaky flecks, but then it just kept filling in like that ..theres no red anyplace else, not a single fleck.
besides having a couple bantam cochins years ago, ive never had them or bred them ..so i have no idea what to expect.
I only got these becuase when i was at a show last spring there was a HUGE blue roo , i had never seen a standard cochin before that, i couldnt belive the size & had to have some, theyre so giant lol​

Back
Top Bottom