BLACK COCHIN x EASTER EGGER.. Will I get blue eggs?

All4Eggz

Jesus Loves You🌵
Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
My cousins had a bantam cochin rooster and 2 easter egger hens. They collected the hens' eggs for a week, and gave them to us so we can hatch them,
We hatched them, and 6 out of 8 eggs hatched. All 6 are doing well, and they all seem to be females.
They look like little black cochins (feathered feet) except they have ear tufts and beards (from the EE's).
Will they lay BLUE eggs?-- The only reason I was hatching them was because I wanted to get some color variety.. but now I realized that might not happen

@Rhodebar Lover
@ChickensComeHome2Roost
@aart

The blue will get "covered" by the brown, so your eggs are most likely to be green. The shade will very, and if either hen was split for 1 blue gene and one white egg gene you could end up with a hen or 2 that lay brown eggs.

Yes, both lay a green/blue egg. One lays a gorgeous bright, sky blue egg, while the other lays more of a dull green egg.

Thanks! I'm excited :wee
Great! Yes all we can tell is that both of the mothers have at least one copy of the blue egg gene. That means they’ll pass along the blue gene to at least half the offspring. All the eggs will get brown from the father.

If they don’t lay a green egg then they will lay a light brown to tinted brown egg.

Great! Yes all we can tell is that both of the mothers have at least one copy of the blue egg gene. That means they’ll pass along the blue gene to at least half the offspring. All the eggs will get brown from the father.

If they don’t lay a green egg then they will lay a light brown to tinted brown egg.
The blue will get "covered" by the brown, so your eggs are most likely to be green. The shade will very, and if either hen was split for 1 blue gene and one white egg gene you could end up with a hen or 2 that lay brown eggs.
Thank you guys! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom