Black comb and wattle? What is this?

Having a variety is interesting. Bantams won’t work here as the emus try to squish small things. Broodies can’t bring their babies out either. Do you have a breeding setup?

As you can see we have a lot of the noise makers too! This is about a quarter of the flock. Some of the roos have become dinner for a couple families, sadly.

Alright... now guess the breeds lol

View attachment 2317530
Brown Leghorn/Welsummer pullet there? Crested Cream Legbar cockerel? Andalusian cockerel?
The white speckled cockerel kinda looks like a Hamburg cross.
Very colourful flock.
Probably none of them are those breeds 😂 I can see them being some long breed name that no one has heard of.

Barbezieux up front, Black Maran next to him, you were right on the CCL and Welsummer, Blue Wheaten Maran, Black Birchen Maran next to her. The speckled cockerel is a Russian Orloff/Sebright cross. Crazy colored one in the back to the right is a Swedish Flower cockerel. The others are hard to see, but several Isbars, 4 Ayam Cemanis and one CCLegbar butt.

Just for fun, the current mess of chimkens... Since this video I have started to feed them twice as much. As expensive organic feed is, I want them to be stuffed :)
Imagine what people are hatching from this group when I sell them the hatching eggs!

The way they were all running after you.
I love the idea of selling completely mix breed hatching eggs, if you have that much variation. They'll have no idea what the chicks will turn out like.
Also love the fact you say chimken 🤣 I do too when I'm talking to them. Yes I do talk to my chickens!
Think I get it from the Tucker and Budzyn videos 🤣

Wanted to give you guys some updated pictures on my girl in question. Well, I checked her mouth this morning, all black besides a little grey on the tongue. From what I’ve read, if she is a true cemani the tongue will grow all black with age. But something is telling me she’s still Mixed with a BCM because of the leg feathering.

Attachments

• E01BED57-B628-48EA-B66C-98280EDB4378.jpeg
    E01BED57-B628-48EA-B66C-98280EDB4378.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 6C70BB3A-04E3-47CA-9DC0-850AB960862F.jpeg
    6C70BB3A-04E3-47CA-9DC0-850AB960862F.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 3
Wanted to give you guys some updated pictures on my girl in question. Well, I checked her mouth this morning, all black besides a little grey on the tongue. From what I’ve read, if she is a true cemani the tongue will grow all black with age. But something is telling me she’s still Mixed with a BCM because of the leg feathering.
I’m fully assuming that she is mixed between an Ayam Cemani and a BCM bc of leg feathering. It was probably a mistake as the egg was laid by a BCM but was some how fertilized by the Ayam Cemani?

Back
Top Bottom