Black Copper Marans - Time progression of sexing - UPDATED with WEEKs #1-3 PICTURES

Pics
Hi Maran lovers! I have some Olive Eggers that were bred by a Black Copper Maran rooster and Crusted Cream Legbar hen. Any guess on these "girls"? They are sooo cute and I really want at least two pullets! I'm scared I have all roosters. I'll add pictures as they grow but here they are at 3 days old!
Chick 1: Patchy- only white under one eye

Chick 2: Crooked Butt (the white on her/his butt was crooked)

Chick 3: Grey (grey chested)

Chick 4: Copper- she does not have the white face or white wings but instead has a copper color to her face.

Hi Maran lovers! I have some Olive Eggers that were bred by a Black Copper Maran rooster and Crusted Cream Legbar hen. Any guess on these "girls"? They are sooo cute and I really want at least two pullets! I'm scared I have all roosters. I'll add pictures as they grow but here they are at 3 days old!
Chick 1: Patchy- only white under one eye

Chick 2: Crooked Butt (the white on her/his butt was crooked)

Chick 3: Grey (grey chested)

Chick 4: Copper- she does not have the white face or white wings but instead has a copper color to her face.

too young to know. post the pics when they are exactly 4 weeks old. even then it might be early to guess. patience!

btw, they are so cute!

Updated chick pics at 2 weeks. The chickadees are 1/2 cream Legbar and 1/2 FBCM. They are so cute but are much more skittish than my previous chicks, hoping they will calm down the more I handle them. Any sex guesses are welcome! :lol:

Chick 1: Patchy: small, rounded average comb, not fast feathering, this one keeps me guessing

Chick 2: Liv- fast feathering, larger, has the most white, longer wings, no tail, shoulder feathers

Chick 3: Oliver: thinking this one is a roo, small body, short wings, large pointy comb, slow feathering, small tail

Chick 4: Ollie Mae- hoping this one is a girl: large, no white feathers, fast feathering, copper face with chipmunk pattern, small tail, small yellow comb, shoulder feathers

Back
Top Bottom