Black Friday Madness

Uh y'all know ya don't have to get IN line that the same sales are ONline, right? Screw the brick and mortar stores, I'm on the computer
cool.png

I can't imagine wanting anything bad enough to actually participate in the March of the Lemmings.
roll.png

My son's girlfriend and her parents are actually driving 50 miles, sleeping in their van and hitting the stores at midnight.....so they can get "name brand jeans" that are originally $36 for $12. Are jeans that important in some cultures?
tongue.png

I'm sleeping in tomorrow. A friend just facebooked that he is in a tent in front of Fry's Electronics.

CRAZY.

Absolutely not...no way...no chance.....not leaving my house unless it is on fire or something urgent.

I HATE crowds...people are inconsiderate at "events" like that. And, I am with Debi...the parking makes me cranky. Heck, the traffic to even get to he parking lot to begin with is enough for me to say "not nice" things in my car.

Plus, why? Why do I need to buy stuff? Even if we needed something, DH has an issue with shopping on a day that marked by overconsumerism. My dad's side of the family LOVE it. I will pet my animals, eat leftovers and not touch my car keys.

Quote:
Maybe a little. Might be fun if parking didn't tick me off so much.

There's a guy who says his favorite thing to do this time of year is take the BUS to the mall, then walk up & down the traffic lanes, stopping occasionally near a car in a slot nearest the door, digging in his pocket for his keys, watching as the nearest car zooms over and puts the turn signal on, waiting for him to hurry up and get his car out of the way. After fumbling as long as possible, he simply walks away, leaving the person in the waiting vehicle fuming....
roll.png

As for the original topic, NO, not going out tomorrow unless something comes up where I ABSOLUTELY MUST. I, for one, do not consider shopping a contact sport...

Last edited:
Quote:
Maybe a little. Might be fun if parking didn't tick me off so much.

There's a guy who says his favorite thing to do this time of year is take the BUS to the mall, then walk up & down the traffic lanes, stopping occasionally near a car in a slot nearest the door, digging in his pocket for his keys, watching as the nearest car zooms over and puts the turn signal on, waiting for him to hurry up and get his car out of the way. After fumbling as long as possible, he simply walks away, leaving the person in the waiting vehicle fuming....
roll.png

As for the original topic, NO, not going out tomorrow unless something comes up where I ABSOLUTELY MUST. I, for one, do not consider shopping a contact sport...

That is funny because I work in public transit!!! hahahaha!

Quote:
At my Walmart this year we are passing out wrist bands after they get their wristband they can go home leave the store go out for breakfast whatever just so long as they are back at the store between 5 and 6 to get their big ticket items.

Well we are going out of town to another bigger town...needing to stock up on chicken feed, browse in Toys R Us for dd and go visit our favorite resturant and hubby needs to get a new truck jack for his Dakota....it didn't come with a jack so junkyards we have to go.
roll.png

I don't like those kind of Black Fridays like my Mom and her sisters would do...its too maddening. Give me a gift card and I'll be happy with THAT! Save them the aggravation of buying unfitted coats, sweaters or anything else that they think I would like but never go on the list I wrote down. I told them if it is not on the list, and you didn't ask me ahead of time, then don't get it!

When I have to shop on those Black Fridays, I would wait in the afternoon when the crowd thins out a bit. If they don't have the stuff I need, there is Cyber Monday or after Xmas specials.

Now trying to find some kid's bagpipes are going to hard to find, something that dd can tinker with and we have to get some earplugs LOL! She may not be musically inclined but she has to have an A+ for effort!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom