Black Friday Madness

33yardbirds

Songster
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Southern New Jersey
Any takers for this insane nonsense. I think I'll pass, thank you very much!
hide.gif

hit.gif
I wish I could pass on what WAL~MART calls the (yearly) Event. I still call the day after Thanksgiving BLACK FRIDAY.

But, I have to go in at 12:00 am tonight...... I have the lucky (?) distinction of having been chosen to "police" the line to a big ticket item. I get to maintain orderly conduct in the line for the laptop that they have on special.

What this really means is......

I show up at midnight, get my "walkie", go to my designated spot and spend the next 3 1/2 hours explaining to impatient customers why they MUST stay in line to recieve their little form with the bar code needed to purchase the laptop. Then it will be an additional 1 1/2 hour before they can actually pay for the laptop and go home.

If they want to leave the line to go to the bathroom (or a smoke), I have to fill out a "pass" that allows them to have 15 minutes to do their business. If they are late (take longer than 15 minutes) they lose their space in line !

Sooooooooooo, enjoy your THANKSGIVING DAY to the fullest ! And please promise me that if you feel the urge to go shopping on Friday, please remember that most likely, none of the sales persons or cashiers volunteered to come in to work!

Shudder! Heck no. The only types of stores I would go to on Black Friday would be

a pharmacy if someone needed medicine
a grocery store MAYBE but only if I had to (and I won't have to)
A hardware or home store if something urgent broke in the house (circuit breaker goes out). Even then, I might wait...

No way in heck! I am not that desperate for anything to fight that mess. Plus I don't like crowds, people behind me, crowds, did I mention crowds? I'll stay home and eat turkey.
big_smile.png
We are thinking about going to the movies later that day though.

Back
Top Bottom