Black Jersey Giant thread!!!!!

Well if you do hatch out, put me on your waiting list for babies!!
big_smile.png

I sure will. I'm hoping that it's just because it's winter that's keeping them from laying. Some aren't even close, but some seem like they should be laying already. So I'm thinking it should be a good spring.

Suddenly that mouse realized it was in the wrong neighborhood. Haha. I found a nest in the yard under the rowboat that had some youngins in it so I tossed them in with the nighttime treats.

Not a great shot but that's him walking away from a 1 gallon waterer. I'll try to get a better shot tomorrow. I wish I had a way to compare his progress. He can rest his belly on top of the water dish.

Last edited:
rottnwarrior, where did you get yours from? he is quite tall! Also wanted to ask you if the bottom of there feet are yellow? see I got mine from meyers hatchery, I knew they wouldn't be perfect, but the bottom of there feet are white.. I don't think they are giants cause he is the same size of my orpington male
sad.png
!

Last edited:
Yes the feet on mine are yellow. I read about that after I got them so I was relieved. What I read says white feet are australorps. I got mine from mt healthy hatchery. I was nervous about not going with a breeder, but I was not paying breeder prices for them. So maybe I just got lucky, because I've heard a lot of hatcheries sell australorps as giants. I'm going to try to get a shot of him stretched up. I'm 6' tall and he can eat out of my hand without me bending over. He is only 4 months old! He may have gotten lucky because he was going in the freezer after making some babies, but now I may keep him for breeding if he turns out to be a giant among giants lol. I called Meyers but I think they didn't have any at the time so I went with mt healthy. I'd call them if I were you.

thank you, I was thinking the same thing about paying that much $ from a breeder, but I know wynette here on BYC sells hatching eggs for decent prices! My D.H. said I can get some from mt. healthy
celebrate.gif
!! I hope I have the same luck as you. I don't want to show them but I want BIG chickens that I don't need to worry about hawks getting. Also I have 3 young children and 2 dogs and a cat running around my yard, so I think J.G. can be trusted due to they are docile and gentle!

There ya go!! Do you want 75 of them? Lol they sent me a coupon good for 25 free when I buy 50 and I don't have room for that many! Also the thing I got in the mail says if we order before feb 14th to take 5 cents off per bird from the list price. Can take delivery at anytime as long as they are paid for by the 14th. So ask about that if you call them. Mine couldn't care less about my nosey mini poodle or the neighborhood kids that love to come look. They just go about their business. We have hawks and bald eagles and so far they have shown no interest.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom